Receive emails manually
After adding email accounts in Outlook, emails arrive in Outlook automatically at a fixed interval (30 minutes by default). Apart from automatic receiving emails, Outlook also provides manual choices to receive emails immediately.
Note: This tutorial is introduced based on exchange account in Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And it may vary significantly or slightly depending on the types of email accounts (Exchange, IMAP or POP), the versions of Microsoft Outlook, and Windows environments.
You can use the commands in the Send & Receive group on the Send / Receive tab to manually receive emails in all folders, the current folder, or a certain send/receive group.
Send/Receive All Folders
Clicking Send/Receive All Folders will start to send and receive emails in all mail folders immediately. Alternatively, you can also press the F9 key to run this command.
Clicking Update Folder will start to send and receive emails in the currently opened folder. In addition, you can press Shift + F9 keys to run this command too.
If you want to manually send and receive emails in a certain send/receive group, you can click Send/Receive Groups, and then select the specified group in the drop-down menu.
(1) These commands in the Send & Receive group can not only manually receive emails, but also send items.
(2) When manually sending and receiving emails, the Outlook Send/Receive Progress dialog will come out as below screenshot shown. In the progress of sending and receiving, you can click the Cancel All button to terminate the process. And this dialog will be closed automatically after the send/receive progress completes.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.