Attach Outlook Items as Attachment
Sometimes, you need to attach some Outlook items, says emails, appointments, tasks, notes, etc. as attachments in an email. And this tutorial will show you how to attach Outlook items as attachments in an Outlook email.
- Attach Outlook items as attachment with Attach Items feature
- Attach Outlook items as attachment via forwarding
- Automatically attach original email when replying or forwarding
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
The most common way to attach outlook items in an email is to apply the Outlook Items feature in the message composing window. Please do as follows:
1. In the mail view, click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the new message composing window, please click Insert > Outlook Items.
3. In the Insert Items dialog, please do as follows:
(1) In the Look in section, click to open the folder that contains the Outlook items you will attach as attachments;
(2) In the Items section, select the Outlook items you will attach.
Tips: Holding Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent items by clicking them one by one; holding Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent items by clicking the first item and the last one.
(3) In the Insert as section, check the Attachment option;
(4) Click the OK button.
Now the selected Outlook items are attached in the current message composing window. See screenshot:
4. Please add message header information, compose the message body, and click the Send button as you need.
You can also attach one or multiple Outlook items as attachments via forwarding in Outlook.
Forward emails as attachments
Select one or multiple emails in a mail folder, and click Home > More (in the Respond group) > Forward as Attachment.
Now all selected emails are attached as attachments in a message composing/forwarding window immediately. Please compose and send the forwarding email as you need.
Forward a calendar item as attachment
Shift to the calendar view, select the appointment, event, or meeting you will forward as attachment, and then click Appointment (or Meeting) > Forward > Forward.
Now the selected calendar item is added in a new message forwarding window. Please compose and send the forwarding email as you need.
Forward contacts or contact groups as attachment
You can easily forward one or multiple contacts or contact groups as an attachment easily as follows:
1. Shift to the people view, and double click to open the specified contact you will forward as an attachment.
2. Click to select contacts or contact groups you will forward as attachments, and click Home > Forward Contact > As an Outlook Contact.
Now the selected contacts and contact groups are attached in a message forwarding window. Please compose and send the email as you need.
Forward tasks as attachments
Shift to the task view, select one or multiple tasks you will forward as attachments, and click Home > More (in the Respond group) > Forward as Attachment.
Now all selected tasks are attached as attachments in a message composing/forwarding window immediately. Please compose and send the forwarding email as you need.
You can also configure the Outlook options, and force the original email to be attached as an attachment when you reply or forward it in Outlook.
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog, click Mail in the left bar, and select Attachment original message option from the drop-down lists beside When replying to a message or When forwarding a message in the Replies and forwards section.
3. Click the OK button.
From now on, the email will be automatically attached as an attachment when you reply, reply all, or forward it in Outlook.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.