Quickly compress or uncompress selected attachments of current message in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
When you are receiving a message with multiple attachments in Outlook, you may want to compress some large attachments with huge sizes. Here with Compress and Uncompress utilities of Kutools for Outlook, you can quickly compress or uncompress certain attachments of a message in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
With Compress utility in Kutools for Outlook, you can compress the attachments you selected at once.
1. Click the email to preview in the Reading Pane, and then select the attachments you want to compress. See screenshot:
Tip: Holding Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent attachments by clicking each attachment; Holding Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent attachments by clicking the first attachment and the last one. In Outlook 2016, you can just select only one each time.
2. Now click Kutools > Compress under the Attachment Tools. See screenshot:
3. Now you can see the selected attachments are compressed at once.
If you want to uncompress the compressed attachments in an email, you can use Uncompress utility of Kutools for Outlook to quickly solve.
1. Click the email to preview in the Reading Pane, and then select the attachments you want to uncompress. See screenshot:
2. And now click Kutools > Uncompress under the Attachment Tools. See screenshot:
3. Now you can see the selected attachments are uncompressed.
1. This Uncompress utility can only uncompress zip files generated by Compress utility or Compress All utility of Kutools for Outlook.
2. You can set the extension when compressing the attachments in the Attachment options dialog box, please click Kutools > Options, see screesnshot:
In the Attachment options dialog box, under the Compress tab, from the Attachments Extension list box, you can set the attachment extension as you need, see screenshot:
And you will get the results as following screenshot shown:
|Add .Zip after the original file:||Replace original file extensions with .Zip:|
If you want to exclude some specific attachment files when compressing the attachments, you can do as this:
1. Go to the Attachments options dialog box, under the Compress tab, in the Exlude files from the following extendsions text box, type the specified file extensions that you want to keep when compressing, see screenshot:
2. And your specified attachment files will not be copressed as following screenshot shown:
In the Attachment options dialog box, you can also set the file size you want to compresss the attachments.
1. Go to the Attachments options dialog box, under the Compress tab, in the Exlude files less than text box, type the number of file size that you want to keep when compressing, see screenshot:
2. And then the attachments which are less than a specific file size (such as 100 KB) will not be compressed, see screenshot:
Kutools for Outlook
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365