Quickly print field codes by converting field codes to plain text in Word
Kutools for Word
When you insert captions to your Word document, there will be just the field codes such as Table 1, Table 2… showing in your content. If you want to have a further knowledge of these field codes, you may need to convert field codes to plain text first. You can also print field codes by converting field codes to plain text in document. Kutools for Word’s Convert Field Codes to Text utility can quickly convert all field codes to plain text in Word document with one click.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Click Kutools > More > Convert Field Codes to Text. See screenshot:
If you want to convert all your field codes to plain text, you can quickly get it done as follows:
1. Please open the document which you want to convert all field codes into plain text, and then apply this utility by clicking Kutools > More > Convert Field Codes to Text. See screenshot:
2. After clicking the Convert Field Codes to Text, there will bring up a popup prompt box, please click the “Yes” button.
3. All field codes have been converted into plain texts as shown in the below screenshots.
If you only want to convert specific field codes into plain text, please highlight or select the field codes first as shown in the below screenshot.
And then apply this utility by clicking Kutools > More > Convert Field Codes to Text. Only the selected field codes will be converted into plain text. See screenshots:
A: With this utility, you can also only convert all field codes in part of the document into plain text. Please select a part of the document first and then apply this utility.
B: This method can easily convert the field codes to plain text and conveniently for you to have these plain texts printed. It can be applied to all kind of field codes.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...