Quickly replace or convert hard returns to soft returns in Word
Kutools for Word
If you want to convert all hard returns (paragraph marks) to soft returns (manual line breaks) in Word, Kutools for Word’s Convert Paragraph Marks to Manual Line Breaks utility will can quickly convert all hard returns (paragraph marks) to soft returns (manual line breaks) from whole document or a part of the document in Word.
A hard return is when the user presses the Return or Enter key to bring the cursor onto a new line. A soft return happens when the text automatically wraps onto the next line. You can insert soft return by pressing Shift + Enter.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Click Kutools> More > Convert Paragraph Marks to Manual Line Breaks. See screenshot：
If you have a document with paragraph marks as shown as bellow, and you need to convert them to manual line breaks, you can get it done as follow:
1. Put your cursor on the current document and then apply the utility by clicking Kutools > More > Covert Paragraph Marks to Manual Line Breaks.
2. You will see the results as shown in the screenshots:
If you only want to replace or convert all hard returns to soft returns in a part of the document in Word, you can get it done as follows:
1. Please highlight and select a part of the current document as shown in the below screenshot, and then apply the utility by clicking Kutools > More > Covert Paragraph Marks to Manual Line Breaks.
2. You will see the results as shown in the below screenshots:
- Quickly replace or convert soft returns to hard returns in Word
- Quickly convert all tabs characters to spaces characters in Word
- Quickly remove all Indents in Word
This is only one tool of Kutools for Word
Kutools for Word frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Word;
With bundles of handy tools for Word 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and Office 365;
Easy to use and install in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 10 and Windows Vista;