How to create pie of pie or bar of pie chart in Excel?
The pie chart can reflect the number of relations between part and part, part and whole, it used to show the percentage. If there are several tiny slices even less than 10 percent of your pie chart, it is hard for you to see them. In this case, you can use the pie of pie or bar of pie chart to make your chart more coherent. However, how to create a pie of pie or bar of pie chart in Excel?
A pie of pie or bar of pie chart, it can separate the tiny slices from the main pie chart and display them in an additional pie or stacked bar chart as shown in the following screenshot, so you can see the smaller slices more visible or easier.
The following steps can help you to create a pie of pie or bar of pie chart:
1. Create the data that you want to use as follows:
2. Then select the data range, in this example, highlight cell A2:B9. And then click Insert > Pie > Pie of Pie or Bar of Pie, see screenshot:
3. And you will get the following chart:
4. Then you can add the data labels for the data points of the chart, please select the pie chart and right click, then choose Add Data Labels from the context menu and the data labels are appeared in the chart. See screenshots:
And now the labels are added for each data point. See screenshot:
5. Go on selecting the pie chart and right clicking, then choose Format Data Series from the context menu, see screenshot:
6. In the Format Data Series dialog, click the drop down list beside Split Series By to select Percentage value, and then set the value you want to display in the second pie, in this example, I will choose 10% . You can change it as you need.
7. Then close the dialog box, if you create the Pie of pie chart, you will get this:
And if you create the Bar of pie chart, after following the above steps, you will get the following chart:
- How to create dynamic interactive chart in Excel?
- How to create Gantt chart in Excel?
- How to create simple Pareto chart in Excel?
- How to add a scrollbar to chart in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoI want to display a special value, not the tiny ones, can you give me an advice?