How to create pie of pie or bar of pie chart in Excel?
The pie chart can reflect the number of relations between part and part, part and whole, it used to show the percentage. If there are several tiny slices even less than 10 percent of your pie chart, it is hard for you to see them. In this case, you can use the pie of pie or bar of pie chart to make your chart more coherent. However, how to create a pie of pie or bar of pie chart in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
A pie of pie or bar of pie chart, it can separate the tiny slices from the main pie chart and display them in an additional pie or stacked bar chart as shown in the following screenshot, so you can see the smaller slices more visible or easier.
The following steps can help you to create a pie of pie or bar of pie chart:
1. Create the data that you want to use as follows:
2. Then select the data range, in this example, highlight cell A2:B9. And then click Insert > Pie > Pie of Pie or Bar of Pie, see screenshot:
3. And you will get the following chart:
4. Then you can add the data labels for the data points of the chart, please select the pie chart and right click, then choose Add Data Labels from the context menu and the data labels are appeared in the chart. See screenshots:
And now the labels are added for each data point. See screenshot:
5. Go on selecting the pie chart and right clicking, then choose Format Data Series from the context menu, see screenshot:
6. In the Format Data Series dialog, click the drop down list beside Split Series By to select Percentage value, and then set the value you want to display in the second pie, in this example, I will choose 10% . You can change it as you need.
7. Then close the dialog box, if you create the Pie of pie chart, you will get this:
And if you create the Bar of pie chart, after following the above steps, you will get the following chart: