How to export comments from Excel to Word?
For Excel users, inserting comments into the cells is a common task, sometimes, you need to copy and paste these comments to a Word document for some purpose. Of course, you can copy and paste the comment to the Word one by one, but this is a tedious and time-consuming job. Is there any way to export all the comments from Excel to Word at once?
Unfortunately, Excel doesn’t provide the feature to copy and paste all the comments to Word at once. However, with the following VBA code, you can quickly export all comments of active worksheet to the Word document.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Export comments from current worksheet to Word
Sub CopyCommentsToWord() 'Update 20140325 Dim xComment As Comment Dim wApp As Object On Error Resume Next Set wApp = GetObject(, "Word.Application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then Err.Clear Set wApp = CreateObject("Word.Application") End If wApp.Visible = True wApp.Documents.Add DocumentType:=0 For Each xComment In Application.ActiveSheet.Comments wApp.Selection.TypeText xComment.Parent.Address & vbTab & xComment.Text wApp.Selection.TypeParagraph Next Set wApp = Nothing End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and all of the comments in the active worksheet have been exported to a new Word document with itscell address. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!