How to print worksheet without fill color?
In Excel, we always format the cell data with some colors to make the important information stand out. When you print the worksheet, the filling color behind the value or the font color of the data will be printed as well (see following screenshot). To consider for saving ink, sometimes, you need to print the worksheet without fill color, that is to say, to print with black and white. Is there an option to print these cells black and white only in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To print the worksheet with black and white, you just need to change the setting as following steps:
1. Activate your worksheet that you want to print.
2. Then click Page Layout tab in the ribbon, and click Page Setup button at the bottom-right corner of the Page Setup section. See screenshot:
3. In the Page Setup dialog, click Sheet tab, and then check Black and white option under Print section, see screenshot:
4. Then click Print Preview button in the Page Setup dialog to view the worksheet, and your current sheet is displayed as black and white as following screenshot:
5. And then you can go to print your worksheet normally, and all of the color will be removed from the file except white and black.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you! my problem is solved.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHello,
this is what I have! However I have got images on excel, and I wanted them in color. How can I have both? Black and White fill in cells and colourful images in the same document?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI am looking for the exact same thing now. Printing in grayscale but pictures in color.. can't find it anywhere and i know it's possible
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agothis tips is so helpful. my problem solved. thank you
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoHi,
Thanks for the solution - it works but is there any automated way so all Excel worksheets are printed in black and white?
If you are printing hundreds on worksheets per day you spend more time on changing settings and printer is set to print black and white by default. Somehow Excel overrides printer settings but why?