How to convert zeroes to dashes in Excel?
If you have a range of values which populated with some zeroes, and now you want to convert theses zeroes to dashes in your data range. How could you change all the zeroes to dashes at once in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools
In Excel, the Format Cells function can help you to complete this task.
1. Select the data range that you want to change the zeroes to dashes.
2. Then right click to choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. In the Format Cells dialog box, under Number tab, click Custom from the Category list, and enter 0;-0;—;@ into the Type text box. See screenshot:
4. And then click OK, all zeroes have been replaced by dashes in the original range. See screenshots:
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, its Select Specific Cells feature can help you to select all zeroes cells first, and then convert all zeroes to dashes immediately.
1. Select your data range that you want to convert the zeroes to dashes.
2. Click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Specific Cells, see screenshot:
3. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, click Cell option under Selection type, and from the Specific type drop down list, choose Equals and enter 0 into the text box. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and al zeroes have been selected as following screenshot shown:
5. And then enter the – dash symbol, and press Ctrl + Enter keys together, all the zeroes have been converted to dashes, see screenshot: