How to convert zeroes to dashes in Excel?
- Convert zeroes to dashes with Format Cells function
- Convert zeros to dashes with Replace feature
- Convert zeroes to dashes with an handy tool
In Excel, the Format Cells function can help you to complete this task.
1. Select the data range that you want to change the zeroes to dashes, right click, and choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, under Number tab, click Custom from the Category list, and enter 0;-0;—;@ into the Type text box. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK, all zeroes have been replaced by dashes in the original range. See screenshot:
You can also apply the Replace feature to solidly convert all zeros to dashes in bulk.
1. Click Home > Find & Select > Replace to enable the Find and Replace dialog.
(1) To convert zeros to dashes in a certain selection, please select the range firstly, and then enable the Find and Replace dialog;
(2) You can also press Ctrl + H keys together to open the Find and Replace dialog.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog, please do as follows:
(1) Type 0 in the Find what box;
(2) Type dashes – in the Replace with box;
(3) Click Options >> button to expand more replace options, and check the Match entire cell contents option;
3. Click the Replace All button.
4. And then a dialog box comes out and shows you how many replacements it has taken. Click the OK button to close it.
And then you will see all zeros in the whole worksheet (or the specified range if you have selected) have been converted to dashes.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, its Select Specific Cells feature can help you to select all zeroes cells first, and then convert all zeroes to dashes immediately.
1. Select the range that you want to convert zeroes to dashes, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells, see screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, click Cell option, choose Equals from the Specific type drop down list, enter 0 into the text box, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
3. Now all zeros are selected. Then enter the – dash symbol in the formula bar, and press Ctrl + Enter keys together. Then all zeroes have been converted to dashes, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!