How to convert zeroes to dashes in Excel?
If you have a range of values which populated with some zeroes, and now you want to convert theses zeroes to dashes in your data range. How could you change all the zeroes to dashes at once in Excel?
- Convert zeroes to dashes with Format Cells function
- Convert zeros to dashes with Replace feature
- Convert zeroes to dashes with an handy tool
- More articles about converting/replacing certain characters or errors to other characters or text...
In Excel, the Format Cells function can help you to complete this task.
1. Select the data range that you want to change the zeroes to dashes, right click, and choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, under Number tab, click Custom from the Category list, and enter 0;-0;—;@ into the Type text box. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK, all zeroes have been replaced by dashes in the original range. See screenshot:
You can also apply the Replace feature to solidly convert all zeros to dashes in bulk.
1. Click Home > Find & Select > Replace to enable the Find and Replace dialog.
(1) To convert zeros to dashes in a certain selection, please select the range firstly, and then enable the Find and Replace dialog;
(2) You can also press Ctrl + H keys together to open the Find and Replace dialog.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog, please do as follows:
(1) Type 0 in the Find what box;
(2) Type dashes – in the Replace with box;
(3) Click Options >> button to expand more replace options, and check the Match entire cell contents option;
3. Click the Replace All button.
4. And then a dialog box comes out and shows you how many replacements it has taken. Click the OK button to close it.
And then you will see all zeros in the whole worksheet (or the specified range if you have selected) have been converted to dashes.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, its Select Specific Cells feature can help you to select all zeroes cells first, and then convert all zeroes to dashes immediately.
1. Select the range that you want to convert zeroes to dashes, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells, see screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, click Cell option, choose Equals from the Specific type drop down list, enter 0 into the text box, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
3. Now all zeros are selected. Then enter the – dash symbol in the formula bar, and press Ctrl + Enter keys together. Then all zeroes have been converted to dashes, see screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoThanks for this info! Very helpful!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoHola, tengo una duda, quiero hacer esto mismo, de sustituir 0s por guiones, y me funciona perfecto con formato personalizado siguiendo las instrucciones de arriba, sin embargo querría que si no es un 0, que lo mostrase como moneda con €. Qué debo introducir para que aplique los dos? Muchas gracias!