How to create flowchart in Excel?
A flowchart can help you easily realize the working process and the quickly analyze the relationship between every step. Now I will talk about creating flowchart in Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In Excel, you can insert the shapes to finish the flowchart.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto Text Click here to get free trial
1. Place the cursor on the worksheet, and click Insert > Shapes, and select the shape you want from the popped out list.
2. Then draw and resize the shape as you need, and type the text you want into the shape.
Then repeat the above steps to insert shapes and type all the process steps into the shapes. See screenshot:
3. Then order the shapes based the process steps you need, and insert arrow line shape to connect them with clicking Insert > Shapes and specifying one of arrows from the drop down list.
Tip: When you drag the lines to connect two shapes, just connect the two red (or black) dots in each shape.
4. Then you can insert text boxes to add illustration beside the shape steps. Click Insert > Text Box.
5. Draw the text box in the place you need, and type text into the box.
Then repeat step 4 and 5 to add text boxes for all the illustrations.
6. Now you can format the shapes and text boxes as you like by clicking a shape or text box, and go to Format tab to select the style you like.
7. Then you can click the View tab, and uncheck Gridlines option in the Show (or Show/Hide) group.
Tip: Delete step shape from the flowchart
| Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.
1. If you want to delete one of the steps in the flowchart, select the shape you do not need any more, and press Delete key on the keyboard to delete it. By the way, after deleting the shape, some arrows may be not needed any more, just delete them with the same way.
2. Then select the blank place of the flowchart, and right click to select Delete in the context menu.
3. Check Shift cells up option in the Delete dialog.
4. Click OK. Now you can see the flowchart as below screenshot shown:
Note: if any arrow does not connect adjacent shapes after deleting blanking cells, just click the arrow and drag it to contact the red (or black) does of both shapes.
You maybe interested in this utility:
|Kutools for Excel's AutoText can add usually used charts to the AutoText section. When you need to insert the chart to any worksheet, just need one click.|
|To Get Free Trial Now Click here to know more about this utility|
|Apply Kutools > Insert > AutoText. See screenshot:|
- Create burn down chart in Excel
- Create control chart in Excel
- Create smiley face chart in Excel
- Create milestone chart in Excel