How to find cells with/having data validation in Excel?
By default, the arrow of the data validation won’t show automatically. If you want to find cells which having the data validation, you may need to click on the cell to show the arrow one by one for confirmation if you have no efficient method. Actually, with the Excel build-in function - Find & Select, finding cells with data validation is getting easier in your work.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
It is quite easy to find all cells which having data validation in current worksheet, please do as follows.
1. Click Find & Select > Data Validation under Home tab. See screenshot:
Then all cells which having data validation will be selected in current worksheet.
Also, you can find cells which having the same type data validation in Excel with the Select & Find function.
1. Select a cell with the data validation you want to find in other cells.
2. Click Find & Select > Go To Special under Home tab.
3. In the Go To Special dialog box, check the Data validation and Same options, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all cells with the same type data validation as the selected cell are selected immediately.
- How to autocomplete when typing in Excel drop down list?
- How to create drop down list with multiple selections or values in Excel?
- How to auto populate other cells when selecting values in Excel drop down list?
- How to find cells with/having conditional formatting in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank You!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoAdd please a list of all the data validations to the navigation panel, displaying the conditions / formulas and with access to editing.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoAdd please a list of all the data validations to the navigation panel, displaying the conditions / formulas and access to editing.