How to find the version of Excel you are using now?
In some cases, you may need to know the version information of Excel you are using. In this article, we will show you methods of looking for the version information of your Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can do as follows to find the version of Excel 2013/2016.
1. Click File > Account > About Excel. See screenshot:
2. Then you will find out your Excel version in the About Microsoft Excel dialog box.
For Excel 2010, please do as follows.
1. Click File > Help. Then you can see the Excel version is displaying in the About Microsoft Excel section. See screenshot:
1. Click the Office button > Excel Options.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, click Resources in left pane, then you can see the Excel version in the about Microsoft Office Excel 2007 section. See screenshot:
Besides the above methods, you can also find Excel version with VBA code.
1. Press Alt +F11 to open the Microsoft Basic for Applications window.
2. Then click Insert > Module. See screenshot:
3. Copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window, and then press the F5 key to run the code.
VBA code: find Excel version
Sub MyVersion() MsgBox Application.Version End Sub
4. Then a Microsoft Excel dialog box pops up with the version number displaying.
- How to find first or last Friday of every month in Excel?
- How to find lowest and highest 5 values in a list in Excel?
- How to find or check if a specific workbook is opened or not in Excel?
- How to find out if a cell is referenced in other cell in Excel?
- How to find closest date to today on a list in Excel?