How to save chart as TIFF image in Excel?
As we know, Microsoft Excel does not support users to save a chart as TIFF image directly. In this article, I will introduce a tricky way to save an Excel chart as TIFF image with Paint tool, and a handy add-in of Kutools for Excel to save multiple charts as TIFF images in a minute.
- Save an Excel chart as TIFF image with Paint tool
- Batch save Excel charts as TIFF Images with Kutools for Excel
Normally the Paint tool is installed in the Windows OS by default, and we can apply it to save an Excel chart as a TIFF image with following steps.
Step 1: Right click the chart in the workbook which you will save as TIFF image, and select Copy from the right-clicking menu.
Note: You can also copy the chart with clicking it and then pressing the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
Step 2: In Windows 7, open Paint tool by clicking the Start button > All Programs > Accessories > Paint. In Windows 8, open Paint tool with clicking the Paint icon on the start screen directly.
Step 3: Then paste the chart into the Paint editing area with pressing Ctrl + V keys at the same time.
Note: After pasting the chart, do not click anywhere in the editing area to remain the chart selection.
Step 4: Click the Crop button on the Home tab.
Step 5: Save the image with clicking Save button or pressing the Ctrl + S keys simultaneously.
Step 6: In the opening Save As dialog box, you need:
- Open the destination folder where you will save this chart in;
- Enter a name for this chart in the File name box;
- Click the Save as type box and select TIFF (*.tif;*tiff) from the drop down list;
- Click the Save button.
Up to now, the specified chart has been saved as a TIFF image already.
Some users may be not familiar with the Paint tool, and this tool can only save one chart as TIFF image at a time. If you have Kutools for Excel installed, its Export Graphics utility can solve these problems easily.
Step 1: Click the Kutools Plus > Import / Export > Export Graphics.
Step 2: In the popping up Export Graphics dialog box, you need to do as follows:
(1) In the Graphics list section, click the Types box and select Charts from drop down list.
(2) Now only charts are listing in the Graphic List section, check the charts you want to save as TIFF images;
(3) In the Save directory section, click the Browse button to open the Select a directory for exporting graphics dialog box. In the dialog box, Specify a destination folder and click the OK button;
(4) Click the Export format box and select TIF from drop down list;
(5) Click the Ok button.
Step 3: Now an Export Graphics dialog box comes and shows you how many charts have been exported successfully. Just click OK button to close it.
Note: In Excel 2007/2010, this Export Graphics utility requires TIF Filter installed.
Up to now, all selected charts are exported and saved as TIFF images already.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!