How to save selection or entire workbook as PDF in Excel?
You can save worksheets as PDF easily with Save as command if you are using Excel 2010 or Excel 2007 SP2. However, you may only want to save or export selected ranges as PDF, or save the whole workbook but not only current worksheet as PDF. How will deal with it?
Of course, you can copy selected ranges to a new worksheet and save it as PDF file; or save each worksheet separately as PDF files. But here we will show you a tricky way to save selections or entire workbook as one PDF file in Microsoft Excel 2007 and 2010 quickly, and save multiple workbooks in a specified folder to separated PDF files at once.
|Easily save selection as PDF file in Excel|
Click Enterprise > Import/Export > Export Range to File. The Kutools for Excel's Export Range to File utility helps you easily export selection as PDF file in Excel. See below screenshot:
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
Step 1: Select the ranges that you will save as PDF file.
If you want to save the entire workbook as one PDF file, just skip this step.
Step 2: Click the File >> Save as in Excel 2010 or Office button >> Save as in Excel 2007.
Step 3: In the Save As dialog box, select the PDF item from the Save as type: drop down list.
Step 4: Click the Options… button at the bottom of Save As dialog box.
Step 5: In the Options dialog box, check the Selection option or Entire workbook option according to your needs.
Step 6: Click OK to dismiss the dialog boxes.
Then you will see it saves only the selection or the entire workbook as a single PDF file quickly.
After installing Kutools for Excel , the Export Range to File utility can help you to save selection as PDF easily.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.
1. Select the range you want to save as PDF file, and then click Enterprise > Import / Export > Export Range to File. See screenshot:
2. In the Export Range to File dialog box, you need to:
A: Select PDF option in the File format section;
B: If you want to keep the formatting, row heights and column widths of selection, please check the Preserve formatting / row heights / column widths options in the Workbook options section;
C: Click the button to select a folder to save the PDF file;
D: Click the OK button.
Note: If you want to directly open the PDF file after exporting, please check the Open the file after exporting box.
3. Now another Export Range to File dialog box pops up, type a name for the PDF file in the box, then click the OK button.
Now the selection is successfully saved as PDF file.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|
After installing Kutools for Excel , you can save each worksheet or specific worksheet in a workbook as separated PDF file with the Split Workbook utility.
1. Click Enterprise > Workbook > Split Workbook. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Worksheet dialog box, please check the worksheets you need to save as individual PDF files in the Worksheet name box, in the Options section, check the Specifiy save format box, and select PDF (*.pfd) from the drop-down list, and then click the Split button. In the popping up Browse for Folder dialog box, select a folder for saving these pdf files, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all selected worksheets are saved as individual PDF file immediately.
- Export Excel selection as HTML
- Export Excel selection to Text files
- Export Excel selection to CSV files
- Save Excel selection as individual file
- Convert Excel ranges to images
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...