How to save selection or entire workbook as PDF in Excel?
In many cases, you may only want to save or export selected ranges as PDF, or save the whole workbook but not only current worksheet as PDF. How to deal with it?
Of course, you can copy selected ranges to a new worksheet and save it as PDF file; or save each worksheet separately as PDF files. But here we will show you a tricky way to save selections or entire workbook as one PDF file in Microsoft Excel quickly, and save multiple workbooks in a specified folder to separated PDF files at once.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Step 1: Select the ranges that you will save as PDF file.
If you want to save the entire workbook as one PDF file, just skip this step.
Step 2: Click the File > Save as.
Step 3: In the Save As dialog box, select the PDF item from the Save as type: drop down list.
Step 4: Click the Options… button at the bottom of Save As dialog box.
Step 5: In the Options dialog box, check the Selection option or Entire workbook option according to your needs.
Step 6: Click OK to dismiss the dialog boxes.
Then the selected range or the entire workbook is saved as a single PDF file.
This section will introduce the Export Range to File utility of Kutools for Excel, it can help you save a selected range as PDF file easily. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range you want to save as PDF file, and then click Enterprise > Import / Export > Export Range to File. See screenshot:
2. In the Export Range to File dialog box, you need to:
A: Select PDF option in the File format section;
B: If you want to keep the formatting, row heights and column widths of selection, please check the Preserve formatting / row heights / column widths options in the Workbook options section;
C: Click the button to select a folder to save the PDF file;
D: Click the OK button.
Note: If you want to directly open the PDF file after exporting, please check the Open the file after exporting box.
3. Now another Export Range to File dialog box pops up, type a name for the PDF file in the box, then click the OK button.
Now the selection is successfully saved as PDF file.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
You can save each worksheet or specific worksheet in a workbook as separated PDF file with the Split Workbook utility.
1. Click Enterprise > Workbook > Split Workbook. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Worksheet dialog box, please check the worksheets you need to save as individual PDF files in the Worksheet name box, in the Options section, check the Save as type box, and select PDF (*.pfd) from the drop-down list, and then click the Split button. In the popping up Browse for Folder dialog box, select a folder for saving these pdf files, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all selected worksheets are saved as individual PDF file immediately.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 120 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
- Export Excel selection as HTML
- Export Excel selection to Text files
- Export Excel selection to CSV files
- Save Excel selection as individual file
- Convert Excel ranges to images
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoThis was very helpful!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoMUCH APPRECIATE - EASY WHEN YOU KNOW HOW!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you!
Each step is very well depicted and the instructions are informative and clear to read.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoMany thanks it was helpful
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks so much! I looked everywhere. This helped a lot. Thanks for sharing.