How to split range data into multiple workbooks in Excel?
For example you have a purchase table as below screen shot shown, and now you need to split the table based on the fruits in Column B, and then save each split range as a single workbook, how to solve it? In this article, I will introduce the add-in of Kutools for Excel to get it done in Excel easily.
Kutools for Excel’s Split Data utility can help us split a specific range into multiple worksheets based on column values, and the Split Workbook utility will help us save each worksheet as a single workbook easily. And you can do as follows:
This part will apply the Split Data utility of Kutools for Excel.
Step 1: Select the range you want to split into multiple workbooks, and then click the Enterprise > Split Data.
Step 2: In the opening Split Data into Multiple Worksheets dialog box, you need to:
(1) Check My data has headers option if selected range contains headers;
(2) Check the Specific column option, click below box, and select the column header name from drop down list. In our case, we select the Fruit.
(3) Click the Rules box and select Values of Column from drop down list;
(4) It’s optional to set prefix or suffix for new worksheet names. In our case, we set prefix with typing KTE into the Prefix (Optional) box;
(5) Click Ok button.
Now you will see the selected range has been split based on the fruits and saved into a new workbook, and split records of each fruit are saved in one worksheet. See below screen shot:
This part will apply the Split Workbook utility of Kutools for Excel.
Step 3: Keep staying in the new workbook, and click Enterprise > Workbook > Split Workbook.
Step 4: In the opening Split Workbook dialog box, keep selecting all worksheets, select the Excel Workbook (*.xlsx) from the Specify save format drop down list, and click the Split button.
Step 5: Now the Browse For Folder dialog box pops up. Specify a destination folder to save split worksheets, and click the OK button. See screenshot above.
It will take a minute to split the new workbook and save each worksheet as a single workbook. After splitting, you will get multiple workbooks based on the column value of original range data in the destination folder, see below screen shot:
Up to now, we have split the selected range data based on the values of Fruit Column, and saved records of each fruit in a single workbook.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!