How to pop up message box when clicking on a certain cell in Excel?
This article aims to show you the method of popping up message box when clicking on a certain cell in Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Please do as follows to pop up a message box when clicking on a certain cell in worksheet.
1. Shift to open the worksheet with the certain cell you need to display message box when clicking it. Right click the sheet tab and select View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Pop up message box when clicking on a certain cell
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:B10")) Is Nothing Then _ MsgBox "You have select cell " & Target.Address & vbCrLf & "Please input a number", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" End Sub
1). In the code, “A1:B10” means that message box will pop up when click on any cell of this range.
2). “You have selected cell ” and “Please input data” are the displayed content of the message box.
Please change them as you need.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now on, when clicking on any cell of range A1:B10, you will get a message box as below screenshot shown.
- How to create a message box timer to auto close the message box after certain time in Excel?
- How to copy text from message box in Excel?
- How to pop up a message box upon activating/opening a specified worksheet in Excel?
- How to pop up message box to display range of cells or cell values in Excel?
- How to pop up message box if cell value changes within a range in Excel?
Excel Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agotypo select vs selected in code. also maybe switch to vbNewLine rather than crlf
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI have multiple cells I would like a pop up box for. Can you use this code for multiple boxes?