- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoHi,
Please apply the below code. Hope I can help. thank you for your comment.
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim xStrRg As String
xStrRg = "A1:B10,D1:F10" 'Add multiple ranges here and separate with comma
If Not Intersect(Target, Range(xStrRg)) Is Nothing Then _
MsgBox "You have select cell " & Target.Address & vbCrLf & "Please input a number", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel"
How to pop up message box when clicking on a certain cell in Excel?
This article aims to show you the method of popping up message box when clicking on a certain cell in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please do as follows to pop up a message box when clicking on a certain cell in worksheet.
1. Shift to open the worksheet with the certain cell you need to display message box when clicking it. Right click the sheet tab and select View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Pop up message box when clicking on a certain cell
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:B10")) Is Nothing Then _ MsgBox "You have select cell " & Target.Address & vbCrLf & "Please input a number", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" End Sub
1). In the code, “A1:B10” means that message box will pop up when click on any cell of this range.
2). “You have selected cell ” and “Please input data” are the displayed content of the message box.
Please change them as you need.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now on, when clicking on any cell of range A1:B10, you will get a message box as below screenshot shown.
- How to create a message box timer to auto close the message box after certain time in Excel?
- How to copy text from message box in Excel?
- How to pop up a message box upon activating/opening a specified worksheet in Excel?
- How to pop up message box to display range of cells or cell values in Excel?
- How to pop up message box if cell value changes within a range in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoHow can I enter more ranges? thank you very much
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agotypo select vs selected in code. also maybe switch to vbNewLine rather than crlf
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI have multiple cells I would like a pop up box for. Can you use this code for multiple boxes?