How to copy text from message box in Excel?
Sometimes, when running VBA script in Excel workbook, you will get message box popping up if encountering errors. For fixing the error, you need to remember the information of the error issue which displayed in the message box. And the most efficient way is to copy down the text from the popping up message box. Please try the method in this article.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
Actually, it is easy to copy text from popping up message box during VBA running. Please do as follows.
1. When a message box popping up after running VBA script (take the following screenshot’s message box as an example), press the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Open the Clipboard pane with clicking Home > Clipboard. See screenshot:
3. Then you can see content of the message box displayed in the Clipboard pane. Select a blank cell in your worksheet, and click on the item which you want to paste from the Clipboard to insert it into the worksheet.
Now the text of message box is copied and pasted as above screenshot shown.
- How to create a message box timer to auto close the message box after certain time in Excel?
- How to pop up message box when clicking on a certain cell in Excel?
- How to pop up a message box upon activating/opening a specified worksheet in Excel?
- How to pop up message box to display range of cells or cell values in Excel?
- How to pop up message box if cell value changes within a range in Excel?