How to copy text from message box in Excel?
Sometimes, when running VBA script in Excel workbook, you will get message box popping up if encountering errors. For fixing the error, you need to remember the information of the error issue which displayed in the message box. And the most efficient way is to copy down the text from the popping up message box. Please try the method in this article.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Actually, it is easy to copy text from popping up message box during VBA running. Please do as follows.
1. When a message box popping up after running VBA script (take the following screenshot’s message box as an example), press the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Open the Clipboard pane with clicking Home > Clipboard. See screenshot:
3. Then you can see content of the message box displayed in the Clipboard pane. Select a blank cell in your worksheet, and click on the item which you want to paste from the Clipboard to insert it into the worksheet.
Now the text of message box is copied and pasted as above screenshot shown.
- How to create a message box timer to auto close the message box after certain time in Excel?
- How to pop up message box when clicking on a certain cell in Excel?
- How to pop up a message box upon activating/opening a specified worksheet in Excel?
- How to pop up message box to display range of cells or cell values in Excel?
- How to pop up message box if cell value changes within a range in Excel?