How to find matched value by searching upwards in Excel?
Normally, we are finding matched values from up to down in an Excel column. As below screenshot shown, how about finding matched value by searching upwards in Excel? This article will show you methods to achieve it.
You can apply the below formula to find the matched value by searching upwards in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the matched value, enter the below formula into it and then press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, D2 is the cell containing the value you will find matched value based on; A2:A5 contains the lookup value, and B2:B4 contains the matched value you will get.
Then you will get the matched value by searching upwards in Excel as above screenshot shown.
This section will introduce the LOOKUP from Bottom to Top feature of Kutools for Excel to help you easily find the first matched value by searching from bottom without remembering formula in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select a blank cell to output the result, then click Kutools > Super LOOKUP > LOOKUP from Bottom to Top. See screenshot:
2. In the LOOKUP from Bottom to Tp dialog box, please configure as follows:
Then you can see the first matched value from bottom to top is populated in selected cell immediately. At the same time, a formula is created automatically.
- How to check if a cell value match to a list in Excel?
- How to count cells match to either X or Y in Excel?
- How to match dates by month and year only in Excel?
- How to sort a column to match the value in another column in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!