How to repeat the last or previous action in Excel?
You may need to repeatedly do same operation while creating an Excel worksheet, for example, keep inserting blank rows in a worksheet. This article will show you how to quickly repeat the last or previous action in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can repeat the last or previous action with the following Shortcut keys.
For instance, after inserting a blank new row in your worksheet, press the F4 key or the Ctrl + Y keys will keep inserting blank new rows.
You can add the Repeat command button into the Quick Access Toolbar for easily repeating the last action by clicking on it directly. Please do as follows.
1. Click the Customize Quick Access Toolbar button on the ribbon, then click More Commands from the drop-down list. See screenshot:
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, please select Repeat option in the commands box, and click the Add button, then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the Repeat command button is added into the Quick Access Toolbar. You can repeat the previous action by just clicking on it.
- How to repeat or loop a Macro every X minutes in Excel?
- How to repeat rows when scrolling worksheet in Excel?
- How to print rows repeatedly at the bottom of every printed page in Excel?
- How to repeat a cell value until new value is seen or reached in Excel?