- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 16 days agoAfter some more experimenting, I figured out that the VBA does work for manually inserted checkboxes, but if I use Kutools batch insert, it does not. How do I center all the checkboxes inserted with Kutools?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 days agoHi quadma,
The code also works for the checkboxes inserted by Kutools. Which Excel version are you using?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 days agoI'm using office 360. I think the issue that I'm having is that when I use the Kutools batch insert, the size of the the checkbox object is as wide as the column that it's inserted into (i.e. the checkbox object width is greater than it's height), with the visible checkbox itself on being left justified within the object. If I select all the checkbox objects and then resize them so that the height and length are equal, and then run the VBA, it does then center the checkboxes within the column.
This seems like an unnecessary step, given that checkboxes are square, why is Kultools not making the checkbox objects square?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 16 hours agoHi quadma,
The check boxes inserted by Kutools are the same as the Check Box (Form Control) which inserted by Excel.
I don't really understand you said "making the checkbox object square". Normally a check box include the box field and the value field. Kutools keeps the check boxes' value empty if the selected cells are blank. And if there are values in selected cells, the cell value will be taken as the check box value.
How to auto-center checkbox in cell in Excel?
While inserting check boxes in cells in Excel, you might notice that it is hard to arrange all checkboxes orderly as the left screenshot shown. Actually, you can move all check boxes to cell center to keep them in order neatly. Method in this article can help you.
To automatically center all checkboxes in cells in a current worksheet, please do as follows.
1. In the worksheet, you need to auto-center all checkboxes, press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the code window.
VBA code: Automatically center all checkboxes in cells
Sub CenterCheckbox () Dim xRg As Range Dim chkBox As OLEObject Dim chkFBox As CheckBox On Error Resume Next Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each chkBox In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects If TypeName(chkBox.Object) = "CheckBox" Then Set xRg = chkBox.TopLeftCell chkBox.Width = xRg.Width * 2 / 3 chkBox.Height = xRg.Height chkBox.Left = xRg.Left + (xRg.Width - chkBox.Width) / 2 chkBox.Top = xRg.Top + (xRg.Height - chkBox.Height) / 2 End If Next For Each chkFBox In ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes Set xRg = chkFBox.TopLeftCell chkFBox.Width = xRg.Width * 2 / 3 chkFBox.Height = xRg.Height chkFBox.Left = xRg.Left + (xRg.Width - chkFBox.Width) / 2 chkFBox.Top = xRg.Top + (xRg.Height - chkFBox.Height) / 2 Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key. Then all checkboxes are moved into the center of the cells immediately as below screenshot shown.
Note: This VBA code can be applied to both CheckBox (ActiveX Control) and CheckBox (Form Control).
Tip: If you want to insert multiple check boxes into a selected range in bulk, you can try the Batch Insert Check Boxes utility pf Kutools for Excel. Or batch insert multiple Option Buttons with the Batch Insert Option Buttons utility. Besides, you can delete all check boxes at once with the Batch Delete Check Boxes utility as below screenshots shown. You can go to free download the software with no limitation in 30 days.
- How to create a drop down list with multiple checkboxes in Excel?
- How to change a specified cell value or color when checkbox is checked in Excel?
- How to highlight cell or row with checkbox in Excel?
- How to make checkbox checked based on cell value in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 16 days agoThe VBA does not work at all for me. When I press F5, it appears that the module runs, but the checkboxes did not move.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoThis worked great for me except it doesn't align it with the text in the next cell which is bottom aligned. Is there a way to align the checkboxes for bottom aligned in order to get them to align with the text in the next cell? Thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoYou VDA script is partly working. Because when i applied it, linked cell next to Checkbox get changed and got linked with a cell under it.