How to link or reference checkbox name to a cell in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to link or reference a checkbox caption name to a cell, what can you do to achieve it? This article will introduce a method to solve this problem.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The below VBA code help you reference checkbox name to a cell in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select and right click the checkbox you need to reference its caption name to a cell, then click View Code from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please replace the original code with below VBA code.
VBA code: Link checkbox name to a cell
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B2") = CheckBox1.Caption End Sub
Note: In the code, CheckBox1 is the name of the checkbox you need to reference, Sheet1 is the name of the worksheet which contains the checkbox, and B2 is the destination cell you will link the checkbox name to. Please change them as you need.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys together to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Turn off the Design Mode by clicking Developer > Design Mode as below screenshot shown.
Then the checkbox caption name is linked to the specified cell after checking the checkbox as below screenshot shown:
- How to filter data based on checkbox in Excel?
- How to create a drop down list with multiple checkboxes in Excel?
- How to change a specified cell value or color when checkbox is checked in Excel?
- How to highlight cell or row with checkbox in Excel?
- How to make the background color of checkbox transparent in Excel?