How to link or reference checkbox name to a cell in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to link or reference a checkbox caption name to a cell, what can you do to achieve it? This article will introduce a method to solve this problem.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
The below VBA code help you reference checkbox name to a cell in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select and right click the checkbox you need to reference its caption name to a cell, then click View Code from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please replace the original code with below VBA code.
VBA code: Link checkbox name to a cell
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B2") = CheckBox1.Caption End Sub
Note: In the code, CheckBox1 is the name of the checkbox you need to reference, Sheet1 is the name of the worksheet which contains the checkbox, and B2 is the destination cell you will link the checkbox name to. Please change them as you need.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys together to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Turn off the Design Mode by clicking Developer > Design Mode as below screenshot shown.
Then the checkbox caption name is linked to the specified cell after checking the checkbox as below screenshot shown:
- How to filter data based on checkbox in Excel?
- How to create a drop down list with multiple checkboxes in Excel?
- How to change a specified cell value or color when checkbox is checked in Excel?
- How to highlight cell or row with checkbox in Excel?
- How to make the background color of checkbox transparent in Excel?