How to calculate a future date based on a given date in Excel?
If you need to add a number of days to a given date to calculate the future date, how could you deal with it in Excel?
Add a number of years / months / days / weeks to date:
Kutools for Excel’s Formulas utility contains some commonly-used formulas, such as add years to date, calculate age based on birthday and so on. With these usual formulas, you can quickly get the result that you want without remembering any formulas.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
To get a future date which is 100 days later based on current date, please apply the following simple formula:
Enter this formula: =A2+100 into a blank cell to locate the result, and then press Enter key to get the future date as following screenshot shown:
If you want to calculate the future date exclude weekends, please use this formula:
1. Type this formula: =WORKDAY(A2,100) into a blank cell, and then press Enter key to get a five-digit number, see screenshot:
2. Then you should convert the five-digit number to date by clicking Short Date from the General drop-down list in the Home tab, see screenshot:
1. Enter this formula: =WORKDAY(A2,100,E2:E6) into a blank cell, and press Enter key, a number is displayed, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, A2 is the current date that you want to calculate future date based on, 100 is the number of days you want to add to the date, E2:E6 is the holiday cells which needed to be excluded, please change them to your need.
2. Then select the formula cell, and click Short Date from the General drop-down list under the Home tab to convert the number to date format, see screenshot:
If you need to calculate a future date by adding a number of days, weeks, months or years, the Kutools for Excel’s Add years / months / weeks / days to date functions can do you a favor.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select a cell where you want to locate the calculated result, and then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Add years to date / Add months to date > Add days to date / Add weeks to date (select one function you need), see screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, select the data cell from the Date Time text box, and enter the number of days which you want to get the future date, see screenshot:
3. Then click Ok button, and you will get the future date as you need.