How to insert in-cell bar chart in Excel?
In general, it’s easy to insert a bar chart in Excel. But do you know how to insert a bar chart in cells as below screenshot shown? This article will introduce two solutions for you.
- Insert in-cell bar chart with conditional formatting
- Insert in-cell bar chart with REPT function
- Insert in-cell comparison bar chart in Excel
This method will guide you to insert an in-cell bar chart with the Data Bars of Conditional Formatting feature in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the column you will create in-cell bar chart based on, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > Data Bars > More Rules. See screenshot:
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, please:
(1) In the Format all cells based on their values section, please specify the Format Style as Data Bar;
(2) Check the Show Bar Only option if you want to hide source data amount the data bar;
(3) In the Bar Appearance section, please specify the bar color from the Color drop-down list. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button.
And now you will see the in-cell bar is added to the selected column. See screenshot:
This method will apply the REPT function to insert an in-cell bar chart in Excel easily.
1. Select a blank cell beside the source data, type the formula =REPT("g",B2/200) into it, and drag the AutoFill Handle down to other cells.
Note: In the formula =REPT("g",B2/200), B2 is the first cell in the source data.
Now the formula returns a series of result in each cell.
2. Keep the formula cells selected, go to the Home tab, and:
(1) In the Font box, type Webdings, and press Enter key;
(2) Select a font color from the Font Color drop-down list;
(3) Change the font size as you need.
Now you will see the in-cell bar chart is added to the formula cells. See screenshot:
If you need to compare two sets of values and show the difference between them as in-cell bar chart, you can apply the Difference Comparison Chart of Kutools for Excel to get it done.
1. Click Kutools > Charts > Difference Comparison > Difference Comparison Chart to enable this feature.
2. In the Difference Comparison Chart dialog, you need to:
(1) Check the Mini Chart option;
(2) Specify the ranges in the Data Series 1, Data Series 2, and Output boxes successively;
(3) Click the Ok button.
Then the comparison bar chart is created and added in the specified output range. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!