How to insert in-cell bar chart in Excel?
In general, it’s easy to insert a bar chart in Excel. But do you know how to insert a bar chart in cells as below screenshot shown? This article will introduce two solutions for you.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
This method will guide you to insert an in-cell bar chart with the Data Bars of Conditional Formatting feature in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the column you will create in-cell bar chart based on, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > Data Bars > More Rules. See screenshot:
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, please:
(1) In the Format all cells based on their values section, please specify the Format Style as Data Bar;
(2) Check the Show Bar Only option if you want to hide source data amount the data bar;
(3) In the Bar Appearance section, please specify the bar color from the Color drop-down list. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button.
And now you will see the in-cell bar is added to the selected column. See screenshot:
This method will apply the REPT function to insert an in-cell bar chart in Excel easily.
1. Select a blank cell beside the source data, type the formula =REPT("g",B2/200) into it, and drag the AutoFill Handle down to other cells.
Note: In the formula =REPT("g",B2/200), B2 is the first cell in the source data.
Now the formula returns a series of result in each cell.
2. Keep the formula cells selected, go to the Home tab, and:
(1) In the Font box, type Webdings, and press Enter key;
(2) Select a font color from the Font Color drop-down list;
(3) Change the font size as you need.
Now you will see the in-cell bar chart is added to the formula cells. See screenshot: