How to insert in-cell bar chart in Excel?
In general, it’s easy to insert a bar chart in Excel. But do you know how to insert a bar chart in cells as below screenshot shown? This article will introduce two solutions for you.
Insert in-cell bar chart with conditional formatting
This method will guide you to insert an in-cell bar chart with the Data Bars of Conditional Formatting feature in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the column you will create in-cell bar chart based on, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > Data Bars > More Rules. See screenshot:
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, please:
(1) In the Format all cells based on their values section, please specify the Format Style as Data Bar;
(2) Check the Show Bar Only option if you want to hide source data amount the data bar;
(3) In the Bar Appearance section, please specify the bar color from the Color drop-down list. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button.
And now you will see the in-cell bar is added to the selected column. See screenshot:
Insert in-cell bar chart with REPT function
This method will apply the REPT function to insert an in-cell bar chart in Excel easily.
1. Select a blank cell beside the source data, type the formula =REPT("g",B2/200) into it, and drag the AutoFill Handle down to other cells.
Note: In the formula =REPT("g",B2/200), B2 is the first cell in the source data.
Now the formula returns a series of result in each cell.
2. Keep the formula cells selected, go to the Home tab, and:
(1) In the Font box, type Webdings, and press Enter key;
(2) Select a font color from the Font Color drop-down list;
(3) Change the font size as you need.
Now you will see the in-cell bar chart is added to the formula cells. See screenshot:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!