How to remove flagged emails from task list in Outlook?
As you know, if you add a flag for an email message in Microsoft Outlook, this email message will be added into the To-do List automatically (see screen shot). If you delete the flagged email from the To-do List, this email will disappear from the mail list too. In this article, we will show you the guidance in detail to remove flagged emails from task list by hiding them in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To remove all flagged email messages from the task list in Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Open the task folder that you will remove flagged email messages from.
Step 2: Open the Advanced View Settings (or Customize View) dialog box,
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Customize Current View;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the View Settings button on the View tab.
Step 3: In the popping up dialog box, please click the Filter button.
Step 4: Now the Filter dialog box comes out, go to the Advanced tab, and click the Field > All Mail fields > Flag Status. See screen shot:
Step 5: Specify the filter Condititor and its Value:
- Click the box below the Conditior, and select the equals from the drop down list;
- Click the box below the Value, and select the Unflagged from the drop down list.
- Click the Add to List button.
Step 6: Click the OK buttons in each dialog box.
Then you will see all flagged email messages in selected task folder are removed at once.
Please note that this method just filters and hides the flagged email messages in the selected task folder, and you can restore the flagged emails into To-do List with removing the filters.
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can click the Reset View button on View tab to display the flagged email messages easily.
In Outlook 2007, you can restore the flagged email messages with clicking the View > Current View > Customize Current View, and then click the Reset Current View button in the Customize View dialog box.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoVery helpful...However, I used to flag emails I wanted to remember, along with the ones I needed to follow up on. Now I just categorize important emails as "Things to Remember" or "Important" and only flag messages that need action. Now I have an easy way to access important emails, as well as a real task list.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoThank you! This is exactly what I needed.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you. This was actually very useful as I'm wanting an actual TASK list, not an 'every email I ever flagged' list.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agomore useful would be how to delete unflagged messages. easier to flag messages of interest as they are less in number