How to search contacts by notes in Outlook?
We might have added notes for some contacts in Outlook before. Now you want to find out the contact with special notes, how could you get it done with ease? Here I will show the detailed steps to search contacts by notes in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To search for contacts by note content in Microsoft Outlook, you can do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the People (Contacts) view, and open the contact folder where you will search for contacts.
Step 2: Open the Advanced Find dialog box with one of following ways:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + F keys in a meanwhile;
- In Outlook 2007, click the Tools > Instant Search > Advanced Find;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, put the cursor into search box to activate the Search Tools, and then click the Search Tools > Advanced Find on the Search tab.
Step 3: In the Advanced Find dialog box, go to the Advanced tab, and:
(1) Click the Filed > All Contact Fields > Notes;
(2) Click the Conditior (or Condition) box, and then select the contains from the drop down list;
(3) In the Value box, enter the specified text that you will search for in the contacts’ note content;
(4) Click the Add to List button;
(5) Click the Find Now button.
Note: You can change the search scope with clicking the Browse button, and then specify the searching folders in the Select Folder(s) dialog box. By the way, you can only select contact folders from within a single Outlook data file.
Now you will see all contacts whose notes contains the specified text are listing in the searching results at the bottom of Advanced Find dialog box.
Step 4: Close the Advanced Find dialog box.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.