How to delete an email account in Outlook?
This article is talking about deleting an email account from Microsoft Outlook, and there are two solutions for it:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to remove an email account in the Account Settings dialog box.
1. Click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings to open the Account Settings dialog box.
2. In the Account Settings dialog box, (1) go to the Email tab; (2) select the email account you will remove in the email account list box; (3) click the Remove button. See screenshot:
3. In the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
And now the selected email account is removed from your Outlook at once.
4. Close the Account Settings dialog box.
You can also remove an email account of Microsoft Outlook with the Control Panel. Please do as follows:
1. Press the Win + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box; next in the dialog box type Control Panel into the Open box and click the OK button. See screenshot:
2. Now the All Control Panel Items dialog box comes out. Please select Large Icons from the View by drop down list, and then click the Mail button. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Mail Setup dialog box, please click the Email Accounts button.
4. In the popping out Account Settings dialog box, (1) click the Email tab; (2) click to select the email account you will remove; (3) click the Remove button. See screenshot:
5. Click the Yes button in the coming Microsoft Outlook dialog box.
6. Close the Account Setting dialog box, Mail Setup dialog box, and All Control Panel Items dialog box successively.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.