How to delete all deleted items in Outlook?
When you delete emails, appointments, or contacts in Outlook, the deleted items are moved to the Delete Items folder. However, you may prefer to remove these deleted items permanently from your Outlook, rather than just move to the Deleted Items folder. This article will introduce several solutions to help you.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can manually delete all deleted items from the Deleted Items folder in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, click to open the Deleted Items folder on the Navigation Pane. See screenshot below:
2. Select the first email in the mail list, next press the Ctrl + Shift + End keys simultaneously to select all emails, and finally press the Delete key.
3. Now a warning Microsoft Outlook dialog box pops out. Please click the Yes button in it.
So far all deleted items stored in the Deleted Items folder have been removed manually.
Actually, Microsoft Outlook also provides an option to automatically delete all deleted items from the Deleted Items folder when exiting the Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the opening Outlook Options dialog box, click Advanced in the left bar, check the Empty Deleted Items folder when exiting Outlook option in the Outlook start and exit section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, a warning Microsoft Outlook dialog box as below screenshot shown will pop out when exiting Outlook. Click the Yes button to remove all deleted items, or click the No button to exit Outlook directly.
In fact, you can delete an email permanently, so that the deleted email won’t be stored in the Deleted Items folder at all.
1. Select the email you will delete permanently in the mail list, and press the Shift + Delete keys at the same time.
2. In the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the Yes button to remove it permanently.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.