How to delete all deleted items in Outlook?
When you delete emails, appointments, or contacts in Outlook, the deleted items are moved to the Delete Items folder. However, you may prefer to remove these deleted items permanently from your Outlook, rather than just move to the Deleted Items folder. This article will introduce several solutions to help you.
- Automate emailing with Auto CC/BCC, Auto Forward by rules; send Auto Reply (Out of Office) without requiring an exchange server...
- Get reminders like BCC Warning when replying to all while you're in the BCC list, and Remind When Missing Attachments for forgotten attachments...
- Improve email efficiency with Reply (All) With Attachments, Auto Add Greeting or Date & Time into Signature or Subject, Reply Multiple Emails...
- Streamline emailing with Recall Emails, Attachment Tools (Compress All, Auto Save All...), Remove Duplicates, and Quick Report...
You can manually delete all deleted items from the Deleted Items folder in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, click to open the Deleted Items folder on the Navigation Pane. See screenshot below:
2. Select the first email in the mail list, next press the Ctrl + Shift + End keys simultaneously to select all emails, and finally press the Delete key.
3. Now a warning Microsoft Outlook dialog box pops out. Please click the Yes button in it.
So far all deleted items stored in the Deleted Items folder have been removed manually.
Actually, Microsoft Outlook also provides an option to automatically delete all deleted items from the Deleted Items folder when exiting the Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the opening Outlook Options dialog box, click Advanced in the left bar, check the Empty Deleted Items folder when exiting Outlook option in the Outlook start and exit section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, a warning Microsoft Outlook dialog box as below screenshot shown will pop out when exiting Outlook. Click the Yes button to remove all deleted items, or click the No button to exit Outlook directly.
In fact, you can delete an email permanently, so that the deleted email won’t be stored in the Deleted Items folder at all.
1. Select the email you will delete permanently in the mail list, and press the Shift + Delete keys at the same time.
2. In the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the Yes button to remove it permanently.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.