How to print a list of one Outlook recurring appointment?
As you know, a recurring appointment contains many occurrences repeating regularly in Outlook. However, when you print the recurring appointment, the list of all occurrences disappear. So how could you print the list of all occurrences in a recurring appointment? Below solutions may easy your work.
Actually, there is no direct way to print the list of all occurrences in a recurring appointment in Outlook. However, you can export the calendar data into Excel, filter out all occurrences of the recurring appointment, and then print. Please do as follows:
1. In Outlook, please click File > Open & Export (or Open) > Import/Export (or Import).
2. In the Import and Export Wizard, please click the Export to a file option, and click the Next button.
3. In the first Export to a File dialog box, please click the Comma Separated Values option, and click the Next button.
4. In the second Export to a File dialog box, please select the calendar that contains the recurring appointment you will print, and click the Next button.
5. In the third Export to a File dialog box, please click the Browse button.
6. Now the Browse dialog box comes out. Please (1) specify a destination folder you will save the exported CSV file into, (2) name the CSV file in the File Name box, and (3) click the OK button.
7. Click the Next buttons and Finish button in both the third and the last Export a File dialog boxes.
8. Please specify the date range you will export the calendar within in the Set Date Range dialog box, and click the OK button.
9. So far the Outlook calendar has been exported as a CSV file. Please open the folder containing the CSV file, right click the CSV file and select Open with > Excel from the context menu. See screenshot:
10. The exported CSV file is opening in Excel. Please select the column header of Subject, and click Data > Filter. See screenshot:
10. Click the Filter icon in the column header of Subject, only check the subject of the recurring appointment you will print from the drop down list, and click the OK button.
11. Only the occurrences of the specified recurring appointment are filter out. Please click File > Print to print them.
This method will introduce a VBA to quickly print a list of a recurring appointment in Outlook at ease. Please do as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, select one occurrence of the recurring appointment you will print, and press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and then paste below VBA code into the new opening Module script.
VBA: Print a list of all occurrences in a recurring appointment in Outlook
Sub RecurringList() Dim CalendarFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim CalendarItems As Outlook.Items Dim RestrictItems As Outlook.Items Dim sFilter, sSubject, sOccur As String Dim iNumRestricted As Integer Dim itm, itmNew As Object Dim tStart, tEnd As Date Set CalendarFolder = Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder Set CalendarItems = CalendarFolder.Items CalendarItems.Sort "[Start]" CalendarItems.IncludeRecurrences = True tEnd = Format(Now + 10, "Short Date") sSubject = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1).Subject sFilter = "[Start] >= '11/1/2016' And [End] < '6/30/2017' And [IsRecurring] = True And [Subject] = " & sSubject Set RestrictItems = CalendarItems.Restrict(sFilter) iNumRestricted = 0 For Each itm In RestrictItems iNumRestricted = iNumRestricted + 1 sOccur = sOccur & vbCrLf & itm.Subject & vbTab & " >> " & vbTab & itm.Start & vbTab & " to: " & vbTab & itm.End Next Set itmNew = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) itmNew.Body = sOccur & vbCrLf & iNumRestricted & " occurrences found." itmNew.Display End Sub
Note: Please change the date range you will print the recurring appointment within in the code: sFilter = "[Start] >= '11/1/2016' And [End] < '6/30/2017' And [IsRecurring] = True And [Subject] = " & strSubject
3. Press F5 key or click the Run button to run this VBA.
4. Now the list of all occurrences in the selected recurring appointment are copied and pasted into a new email as below screenshot shown. Please click File > Print to print the list.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.