- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHi Courtney,
The methods introduced in this webpage works with Outlook desktop application only.
How to allow others to send emails on behalf of yourself in Outlook?
Let’s say you are scheduling for a holiday in next week, and you need your assistant to deal with some emergent emails on your behalf, but how could you delegate the permission? This tutorial will guide you to allow other exchange users to send emails on behalf of yourself step by step.
To delegate the permission and allow other exchange users to send emails on your behalf in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Account Settings > Delegate Access.
2. In the opening Delegates dialog box, please click the Add button. See screenshot:
3. In the popping out Add Users dialog box, please add the exchange users who you will allow to send emails on your behalf to the Add box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. In the opening Delegate Permissions dialog box, please select Author (can read and create items) from the Inbox drop down list, select None from other drop down lists, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Click the OK button in the Delegates dialog box.
So far you have delegated the permission to the specified exchange user to send emails on your behalf.
You can also allow other exchange users to send emails on your behalf with the Folder Permission feature in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, select the folder where you will allow other exchange users send emails, and click Folder > Folder Permissions. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Properties dialog box, please click the Add button.
3. In the Add Users dialog box, please add the exchange users who you will allow to send emails on your behalf in the Add box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Now you return to the Properties dialog box, please (1) check the None option in both Read and Delete Items section, (2) check the Create Items option in the Write section, (3) check noting in the Other section, and (4) click the OK button. See screenshot:
So far, you have allowed the specified exchange users to send emails on behalf of yourself in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoCan this be done outside of outlook? Does it work from a mobile device as well? What about using the Apple mailbox feature instead of outlook?