How to change update interval/frequency for offline Global Address Book in Outlook?
Normally, the offline global address book will be updated in a regular interval in Outlook, such as every 30 minutes. But now you want to change its update frequency, any ideas? This article will introduce the solution to deal with this issue.
To change the update frequency for offline global address book in Outlook, you need to define an individual send/receive group, and configure the update interval for this group.
1. Click Send / Receive > Send/Receive Groups > Define Send/Receive Groups. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Send/Receive Groups dialog box, please click the New button. See screenshot below:
3. In the popping out Send/Receive Group Name dialog box, name the new group, and click the OK button. See screenshot above.
4. Now the Send/Receive Settings dialog box opens, please do as follows:
(1) Select the email account whose offline global address book you will change update frequency for in the Accounts pane;
(2) Check the Include the selected account in this group option;
(3) Only check the Download offline address book option in the Account Options section;
(4) Make sure that the Include the selected account in this group option is not checked in other email accounts, and click the OK button.
5. You return to the Send/Receive Groups dialog box, please check the Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes option in the Setting for group section, specify the update interval among this option, and click the Close button. See screenshot:
Note: It’s optional to check the Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes option in the When Outlook is Offline section, and specify the update interval among the option.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.