How to display/show or hide object anchors in Word
Sometimes when you editing a Word document, you may need to display or hide the object anchors for your own needs. But, how can you display or hide the object anchors? This tutorials will show you several ways of hiding/showing object anchors quickly.
Object anchor: the mark that shows the location of a floating object which is in relation to the text in your document. Keep in mind that the anchors just display when it was wrapped around by text or you have the picture selected.
- Display/hide object anchors with Option function in Word
- Display/hide object anchors with Kutools for Word
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Display Object Anchors
Hide Object Anchors
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
In word 2010/2013, If you want to show the object anchors, please click File > Options > Display, and check Object anchors check box, then click OK. See screenshot: (In Word 2007, click Office button > Options > Display, and check Object anchors check box.)
Note: If you want to hide the object anchors, just uncheck the Object anchors check box in the Display section.
If you want to display or hide the object anchors by the build-in function in Excel, you need to follow at least four steps to get it done which may let you feel tedious. However, with Kutools for Word’s Display Settings utility, you can quickly show/hide the object anchors.
Step 1. Please apply this utility by clicking Enterprise > Display Settings. See screenshot:
Step 2. If you want to display object anchors, please check the Object Location check box in the pop-up Display Settings dialog, and then click Close. If you don’t want to show the anchors, keep the Object Location box unchecked. See screenshot:
In Display Settings dialog, you also can quickly display or hide tab characters, optional hyphens, spaces and so on.
For more detailed information about Display Settings utility, please go to Display Settings.
- Show or hide tab characters in Word
- Show or hide formatting marks in Word
- Show or hide paragraph marks in Word
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...