How to show or hide formatting marks in Word?
There are many formatting marks in Word document, such as tab characters, spaces, paragraph marks, hidden text, optional hyphens, object anchors, optional breaks and so on. Some of them are shown and some of them are hidden by default. Follow this tutorial to learn how to show or hide them in Word.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
Step 1: click Tools menu > click Options
Step 2: click View tab, check any formatting marks in Formatting marks section to show them in document, or you can check All item to show all kinds of formatting marks in document.
The keyboard shortcut of showing all formatting marks: Ctrl+* or Shift+Ctrl+8
click Officeicon and then click Word Options in Word 2007;
click Filetab and then click Options in Word 2010/2013.
Step 2: click Display, in Always show these formatting marks on the screen section, check to show them in documents or you can check Show all formatting marks to show all formatting marks in document.
Note: If you want to show or hide all formatting marks, you can click under Home tab, or you can press shortcut Ctrl+* to switch showing or hiding.
Kutools gathering formatting marks and document content display setting together, it’s more convenient for users.
1. Please apply the utility by clicking Enterprise > Display Settings in View group, see screenshot:
2. Check the formatting marks you want to show in the Formatting Marks section, or hide them by unchecking. See screenshot:
For more information, please visit: showing formatting marks in Word.
- Show or hide picture placeholders in Word
- Show or hide spaces in Word
- Display or hide field codes in Word document
- Show document content (text animation, drawings and text boxes) in Word
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013