How to show or hide tab characters in Word?
Tab character shown as in document, and users can use it for spacing in document. This tutorial will show you the way to show or hide tab characters in Word document.
Note：Tab character is the mark made by Tab button on the keyboard .
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Step 1: click Tools menu > click Options
Step 2: click View tab > check Tab characters in Formatting marks section to show tab characters and uncheck to hide them
If you are user of Word 2007: click Officeicon , and then click Word Options;
If you are user of Word 2010 /2013: click Filetab , and then click Options.
Step 2: click Display > check or uncheck Tab characters in Always show these formatting marks on the screen section to show or hide the tab characters of document
Users of Word can quickly show or hide tab characters by Kutools for Word.
1. Please apply the utility by clicking Enterprise > Display Settings. See screenshort:.
2. Check or uncheck the Tab Characters check box in the Display Setting dialog to show or hide the tab characters. See screenshot:
You can see the result as shown as below:
For more information, please visit: show or hide tab characters in Word.
- Show or hide paragraph marks in Word
- Show or hide all hidden text quickly in Word
- Show or hide picture placeholders in Word
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...