How to show or hide tab characters in Word?
Tab character shown as in document, and users can use it for spacing in document. This tutorial will show you the way to show or hide tab characters in Word document.
Note：Tab character is the mark made by Tab button on the keyboard .
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Step 1: click Tools menu > click Options
Step 2: click View tab > check Tab characters in Formatting marks section to show tab characters and uncheck to hide them
If you are user of Word 2007: click Officeicon , and then click Word Options;
If you are user of Word 2010 /2013: click Filetab , and then click Options.
Step 2: click Display > check or uncheck Tab characters in Always show these formatting marks on the screen section to show or hide the tab characters of document
Users of Word can quickly show or hide tab characters by Kutools for Word.
1. Please apply the utility by clicking Enterprise > Display Settings. See screenshort:.
2. Check or uncheck the Tab Characters check box in the Display Setting dialog to show or hide the tab characters. See screenshot:
You can see the result as shown as below:
For more information, please visit: show or hide tab characters in Word.
- Show or hide paragraph marks in Word
- Show or hide all hidden text quickly in Word
- Show or hide picture placeholders in Word
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019