How to remove/delete all tables from a document in Word
Remove all tables in Word is usually applied in daily office working, and how can you quickly remove all tables? This tutorial will introduce three simple ways for you to remove all tables.
First-class tool helps you one click to remove all tables from a Word document
Generally speaking, it's easy to remove a table in Word. However, it will time-consuming and tedious to remove multiple tables one by one manually. Here, with the Remove Tables feature of Kutools for Word, you can easily remove all tables from a certain selection or the entire Word document with only one click! Click for 60-day free trial!
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Actually, you can remove a table manually in Word. Please do as follow:
In the Word, put cursor into the specified table to activate it, next click the cross at the top-left corer of the table to select the whole table, and then select Delete > Delete Table to remove it. See screenshot:
Note: You can also put the cursor into the specified table to activate it, and then click Layout > Delete > Delete Table to remove this table. See screenshot:
It will be time-consuming to remove multiple tables one by one manually with above method. Here, this method will introduce a VBA to batch remove all table from the current Word document at once. Please do as follows:
1: Press Alt+F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window;
2: Click Insert > Module, and paste below VBA code into the Module window;
VBA: Remove all tables from the current Word document
Sub Removetables () Dim oTable As Table For Each oTable In ActiveDocument.Tables oTable.Delete Next oTable End Sub
3: Click Run button or press F5 key to apply the VBA.
Some users may not be familiar with VBA code. Take it easy! Kutools for Word's Remove Tables utility will help you remove all tables from a certain selection or the whole document at once with only one click!
Just click Kutools > Remove > Remove Tables, and all tables will be removed from the current Word document immediately.
Note: If you want to remove all tables from a certain selection, please select the part of document firstly, and then click Kutools > Remove > Remove Tables.
- Remove empty rows and columns from table in Word
- Remove all empty paragraphs in Word
- Remove empty lines in Word
- Remove all hyperlinks in Word
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoIt removed my text. I need to keep the text and just remove the table.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThe keyword For is missing from the line number 3.
The correct code is:
Sub Removetables ()
Dim oTable As Table
[b]For[/b] Each oTable In ActiveDocument.Tables
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThank you @anon
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 years agoThe VBA code does not work. I get "Compile error: Syntax error".