How To Remove All Headers And Footers In Word?
Normally, you can quickly remove all the headers and footers from a Word document just by double-clicking the header or footer field, and then remove them at once. But, if there are multiple various headers and footers in one document, how to remove all of them at once?
- Remove the header and footer from the first page in active document
- Remove all headers and footers in active document
- Remove all various headers and footers in active document with VBA code
- Remove all various headers, footers and watermarks in active document with Inspect Document feature
- Remove all header lines in active document with an amazing feature
If you just want to remove the header and footer from the first page of current document and keep others, please do as this:
1. Open the Word file and go to the first page that you want to remove the header and footer, and then double-click the header area into editing mode.
2. Then, check Different First Page under the Header & Footer tab, see screenshot:
3. And then, click Close Header and Footer to exit the editing mode, and the header content in page one has been removed at once. See screenshot:
If the whole document contains only one type header and footer, to remove all of them, the below steps can help you to solve it quickly and easily.
1. Double-click the header in any one page to go to the editing mode, and then, select the content of the header, see screenshot:
2. Then, press Delete key on keyboard, and then click Close Header and Footer to exit the editing mode, all headers in this current document have been deleted immediately.
Supposing, your document has been divided into multiple sections, and every section has each header or footer. So, there are multiple various headers or footers in active document, to remove all these various headers or footers, you need to apply the above method for deleting the headers or footers over and over again. Here, I will introduce a VBA code for dealing with this task.
1. Open the Word file that you want to remove all the headers and footers, and then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
VBA code: Remove all various headers and footers in current document:
Sub RemoveHeadAndFoot() 'Update by Extendoffice Dim oSec As Section Dim oHead As HeaderFooter Dim oFoot As HeaderFooter For Each oSec In ActiveDocument.Sections For Each oHead In oSec.Headers If oHead.Exists Then oHead.Range.Delete Next oHead For Each oFoot In oSec.Footers If oFoot.Exists Then oFoot.Range.Delete Next oFoot Next oSec Selection.WholeStory ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader Selection.ParagraphFormat.Borders(wdBorderBottom).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekMainDocument End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, all various headers and footers are deleted at once.
If you are not familiar with the VBA code, you can also use the Inspect Document feature of Word to remove all headers and footers with ease. Please do with the following steps:
1. Click File > Info > Check for Issues > Inspect Document, see screenshot:
2. In the popped-out Document Inspector dialog box, only check the Header, Footers, and Watermarks option in the dialog box, make sure other options unchecked. See screenshot:
3. Then, click Inspect button, after inspecting the document, click Remove All button in the dialog box, see screenshot:
4. And then, click the Close button, all headers, footers as well as the watermarks have been removed from the whole document.
Sometimes, you just want to remove the horizontal line under the header content, in this case, I will introduce a use tool-Kutools for Word, with its Clear Header Lines feature, you can remove all horizontal header lines from the header with only one click.
After downloading and installing Kutools for Word, please do as this:
1. Click Kutools > Remove > Clear header Lines, see screenshot:
2. And then, a prompt box is popped out, please click Yes button, see screenshot:
3. And all the horizontal header lines under the header have been removed at once.
More relative headers and footers articles:
- Add Chapter Title To Header Or Footer In Word Document
- Normally, you can insert the header or footer with document path, name quickly and easily in a Word file. But, have you ever tried to insert the chapter title to header or footer, so that, the content of the header or footer is depended on what chapter the page is in. This article, I will talk about how to solve this job in Word document.
- Print Word Document Without Header And Footer
- If there are header and footer in your Word document, when printing this document, the header and footer will be printed as well by default. But, sometimes, you needn’t the header and footer to be printed. In this case, the method in this article may help you.
- Create Multiple Headers Or Footers In A Word Document
- By default, an inserted header or footer will be applied to all pages in a Word document. If you want to create different headers or footers in a Word document, the method in this article can help you.
- Insert Header Or Footer With Page Number In Word Document
- Normally, when you insert page number for a Word document, the existing header or footer will be removed automatically. How could you insert both the header or footer and page numbers into a Word file?
- Copy Page With Header And Footer In Word
- In general, you can copy a page from one Word document to another easily. However, the page header and footer won’t be copied with page content simultaneously. Comparing to copying the page header and footer manually, this article will introduce a tricky way to copy page with header and footer in Word.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.