How to reverse numbering or bullet list in Word?
If you have a list, and you want to reverse the words order in the list, the first idea that first flash in your mind will be copying and pasting them one by one. But it will be troublesome to reverse them by this way if there are numerous words lines. Is there any easy way to solve this problem?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
1. Open Notepad and copy and paste the list into the Notepad, then copy the list from the Notepad and paste it into a new Word document. See screenshot:
2. Select the list in the new document and click Insert > Table > Convert Text To Table. See screenshot:
3. When a Convert Text to Table dialog pops up, click OK to convert the text list to table. See screenshot:
4. Click Layout > Sort, a dialog displays on the screen, and select Column 1 in the Sortby drop list, Number in the Type list and check Descending. See screenshots:
5. Click OK. The texts in table are reverse order, see screenshot:
6. Select the table, then copy and paste it into Notepad. Copy the list from Notepad and paste it into the original document. See screenshot:
7. Select the text and insert new list into it by click Home > List. See screenshot:
You can see the result:
With the multiple function tools – Kutools for Word, also you can reverse the list quickly.
1. Select the list and click Kutools > List to Text. See screenshot:
2. Select the text list and click Insert > Table > Convert Text To Table. See screenshot:
3. A dialog is displayed, click OK to convert list to table. See screenshot:
4. Click Layout > Sort, a dialog displays on the screen, and select Column 1 in the Sort by drop list, Number in the Type list and check Descending. See screenshots:
5. Click OK. The texts’ order in the table are reversed, see screenshot:
6. Select the table and click Kutools > More > Tables to Text. In the popping up Convert Table to Text dialog, please check Other, and type a space in the text box. See screenshot:
7. Click OK, you can see the table is converted to text. See screenshot:
8. Select the text and insert new list into it by clicking Home > List. See screenshot:
You can see the result:
Note: You would better to copy the original list first before you reverse the order in case the failure of the reversion.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...