How to copy deleted text in Word document?
For example your supervisor reviewed and changed your paper in Word, including deleting some slices of text. Now you want to copy the deleted text, but fail with warning dialog as below screenshot shown. So are there ways to copy deleted text in Word? Of course yes! There are two solutions for you:
If you want to copy the deleted text without deleted strikethrough in Word, please do as follows:
1. Open the source document you will copy deleted text from, select the deleted text, and reject the deletion by clicking Review > Reject > Reject Change. See screenshot:
Now the deleted strikethrough is removed from the deleted text at once.
2. Press Ctrl + C keys to copy the deleted text.
3. Go to the target document, place the cursor where you will paste the deleted text, and press Ctrl + V keys to paste it.
Until now, the deleted text has been copied to the target document without the deleted strikethrough.
4. Return to the source document, click the Undo button to cancel the rejection, and save the source document.
If you want to copy deleted text with deleted strikethrough in Word, please do as follows:
1. Open the source document, turn off the track changes by clicking Review > Track Changes > Track Changes. See screenshot:
2. Select the deleted text you will copy, and press Ctrl + C keys to copy it.
3. Go to the target document, turn off the track changes by clicking Review > Track Changes > Track Changes, and then specify All Markup (or Final: Show Markup) from the Display for Review drop down list. See screenshot:
4. Put the cursor where you will place the deleted text, and press Ctrl + V keys to paste it.
Until now, the deleted text has been copied and pasted with deleted strikethrough.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...