How to remove all hidden text from document in Word?
It’s easy to hide text in Word, so many people like to hide the confidential or sensitive text when dealing with document. But it’s easy to forget the hidden text is there because it’s hidden! So if you like to hide text you may need to remove it before you distribute the document. How to remove hidden text easily?
Find and Replace function can easily remove all hidden text from the whole document as long as there are hidden text existing in the document.
Tip: You can show or hide the hidden text by pressing Show/Hide Editing Marks.
To remove all the hidden text in a document, do the following:
1. Click Replace from Editing group in Home tab. See screenshot:
2. When the Find and Replace dialog popping up, click More>> button to show more Search Options. Click on Find what field, then select Font from Format drop-down box.
3. Check Hidden box from Effects area in Find Font dialog. Then click OK.
4. Then it will turn to the previous window, click Replace All button.
Note: if you only want to remove all the hidden text from a selection of the document, please make a selection in the document first and click Replace in Step 4.
Find and Replace function may be a little bit complicated, how about using Kutools for Word’s Remove Hidden Text utility to remove all hidden text from a selection or the whole document with one click?
You just need to select the part you want to dealing with, and then click Remove Hidden Text. It will remove all the hidden text from the selection.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > More > Remove Hidden Text. See screenshot:
2. You will see the result as shown in below screenshots:
For more information about Remove Hidden Text, please visit: Remove Hidden Text feature description.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...