Quickly insert and center the captions for centered inline tables and figures in word
The default alignment of captions in Word documents is left, when you insert a caption to a centered inline table or figure, the caption will be aligned in the left. If we need to insert and center the captions for centered inline tables or figures in word, we have to center them one by one. Is there an easier way to insert and centre captions. This tutorial will introduce you two method to insert and center the capptions for centered inline tables or figures.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Normally, we have to insert the captions with Reference for the tables and figures firstly then we can center the captions.
Step 1: click Reference >Insert Caption bring up the dialog below
Step 2: Click button to select the label you need ,click New Label and Numbering to customize the captions you will insert. Click Ok to insert the caption
Step 3：highlight the caption and click the Center button in the Home Tab.
Kutools for Word provides you a very convenient way to insert and center captions. After you have installed Kutools for Word you can quickly and easily insert and center captions for centered inline tables and figures.
For example we insert and center captions for a table and a figure which are centerinline in the document. See screenshot:
1. Firstly, you need to display the Advanced Caption Option dialog by clicking Enterprise > Options button.
2. When the Advanced Caption Option dialog popping up, you should customize the caption settings for the table and figure. Select the Center option from the Horizontal drop-down list box. Finally click OK.
3. When you begin to insert table caption or figure caption, please click Enterprise > Insert > Table Caption/Figure Caption. See screenshot:
Put the cursor in the table, then click the Table Caption, it will quickly insert table caption for the table and center the caption.
Select the picture, then click Figure Caption, it will quickly insert figure caption for the figure and center the caption. See the screenshot:
For more detailed information about Insert Caption of Kutools for Word, please visit: Insert Caption description.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...