How to add image as background into chart in Excel?
Chart is a useful feature for you to analyze the data in your worksheet, but, the default chart is somewhat boring and monotonous. If you want to make the chart look beautiful or professional, you can add the background or images to your chart. Today, I will create a chart with background color or picture.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you just want to add color as background to your chart, please do as these:
1. Select the chart you want to add background color, then right click the chart area, and choose Format Chart Area from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Chart Area dialog, check Solid Fill option in the right section, and select one background color that you like from the Color drop down list, and then adjust the transparency of the background as you need. See screenshot:
3. Then close the dialog and your chart has been added the background color as following screenshot shown:
4. As you can see the plot area of the chart is not added the background color, please go on clicking the chart plot area, and right click to select Format Plot Area, see screenshot:
5. In the Format Plot Area dialog, check No fill under Fill option, then close the dialog, and the whole chart has been filled with the background color, see screenshots:
If you want to add a picture or your company’s logo as background to the chart, I can also help you.
1. Select your chart and right click, then choose Format Chart Area from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. Then in the popped out dialog:
- (1.) Check Picture or texture fill radio button under Fill option.
- (2.) And then click File or Clipboard or Clip Art button under Insert from section to select a picture or clip art that you want to insert to the chart.
- (3.) Then you can change the transparency as you like.
3. After finishing the settings, close this dialog and the image has been inserted into the chart as background, see screenshot:
4. Likewise, the background image is not covered with plot area of the chart, you can do the same operation as the above step 4-step5 of method1 to add the image to the whole chart.
Tip: To remove the background image or color of the chart, you just need to select the chart and right click to choose Format Chart Area, then check Automatic option under Fill, and the background that you have added to the chart is removed immediately.
- How to add total labels to stacked column chart in Excel?
- How to add arrows to line/column chart in Excel?
- How to copy one chart format to others in Excel?