How to add image as background into chart in Excel?
Chart is a useful feature for you to analyze the data in your worksheet, but, the default chart is somewhat boring and monotonous. If you want to make the chart look beautiful or professional, you can add the background or images to your chart. Today, I will create a chart with background color or picture.
If you just want to add color as background to your chart, please do as these:
1. Select the chart you want to add background color, then right click the chart area, and choose Format Chart Area from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Chart Area dialog, check Solid Fill option in the right section, and select one background color that you like from the Color drop down list, and then adjust the transparency of the background as you need. See screenshot:
3. Then close the dialog and your chart has been added the background color as following screenshot shown:
4. As you can see the plot area of the chart is not added the background color, please go on clicking the chart plot area, and right click to select Format Plot Area, see screenshot:
5. In the Format Plot Area dialog, check No fill under Fill option, then close the dialog, and the whole chart has been filled with the background color, see screenshots:
If you want to add a picture or your company’s logo as background to the chart, I can also help you.
1. Select your chart and right click, then choose Format Chart Area from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. Then in the popped out dialog:
- (1.) Check Picture or texture fill radio button under Fill option.
- (2.) And then click File or Clipboard or Clip Art button under Insert from section to select a picture or clip art that you want to insert to the chart.
- (3.) Then you can change the transparency as you like.
3. After finishing the settings, close this dialog and the image has been inserted into the chart as background, see screenshot:
4. Likewise, the background image is not covered with plot area of the chart, you can do the same operation as the above step 4-step5 of method1 to add the image to the whole chart.
Tip: To remove the background image or color of the chart, you just need to select the chart and right click to choose Format Chart Area, then check Automatic option under Fill, and the background that you have added to the chart is removed immediately.
- How to add total labels to stacked column chart in Excel?
- How to add arrows to line/column chart in Excel?
- How to copy one chart format to others in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!