How to move to the beginning or start of next row for data entry in Excel?
Normally, we finish editing a row and pressing the Enter key to make an attempt to move to the beginning of next row for data entry in Excel. Actually, after pressing the Enter key, the cursor moves to the below cell directly of current column. If you want to directly move to the beginning of next row, you can try the methods of this article.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
For example, you need to finish entering data into cell A1, B1, C1, D1, E1. And after finish entering data in E1, press Enter key to move to cell A2. Please do as follow.
After entering data in cell A1, press the Tab key to move to B1. Keep pressing the Tab key after finishing all cells until you get into the last cell E1. Enter data into E1, then press the Enter key, and your cursor will move to the beginning of next row A2 at once.
The following VBA code can also help you to move to the beginning of next row in Excel.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisWorkbook in the left pane to open the ThisWorkbook (Code) window. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the window.
VBA code: Move to the beginning or start of next row for data entry
Sub jumpnext() Range("A" & ActiveCell.Row + 1).Select End Sub
Note: In the VBA code, “A” is the beginning cell column of the next row. You can change it as you need.
3. Press the F5 key, then the cursor will move to the beginning of next row immediately.
- How to automatically move cursor to specific cell in Excel?
- How to move entire row to another sheet based on cell value in Excel?
- How to move entire row to the bottom of active sheet based on cell value in Excel?
- How to move column/row without replacing/overwriting existing data in Excel?
- How to move down to or select the next empty cell in a column in Excel?