How to always floating a Command Button on worksheet in Excel?
In some cases, you may need a floating Command Button (ActiveX Controls) to keep moving with your worksheet no matter how you scrolling up or down the worksheet. This article will show you method to achieve it.
Please do as follows to make a Command Button always floating in worksheet.
1. In the worksheet which contains the ActiveX Controls Command Button you want it to be floating, right click the sheet tab, and then click View Code from the context menu.
2. In the popping up Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Make a Command Button always floating in worksheet
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) On Error GoTo 0 With Cells(Windows(1).ScrollRow, Windows(1).ScrollColumn) CommandButton1.Top = .Top + 100 CommandButton1.Left = .Left + 300 End With End Sub
Note: in the abovde code, CommandButton1 is the button name you want to always keep visible. Please change it to your need.
3. Then press the Alt + Q keys to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now on, the Command Button will always float at the top center of the worksheet with the moving of active clicked cell as below screenshot shown.
Note: This VBA only works for the ActiveX Controld Command Buttons.
- How to save and close active workbook without prompt by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to update or insert (current) date and time by a Command Button in Excel?
- How to use a Command Button to change a specified cell value in Excel?
- How to create a Command Button to copy and paste data in Excel?
- How to use Command Button to save active worksheet as PDF file in Excel?
- How to insert a blank new row automatically by Command Button in Excel?