How to group time by hour in an Excel pivot table?
For example, I have a table as below screenshot shown. Now I need to create a pivot table and group the time data by the hour in the pivot table, any idea? This article will show you the solution in detail!
Supposing you have a table as below screenshot shown, and you can follow below steps to create a pivot table in Excel, and group time data by hour easily.
1. Select the source data, and click Insert > PivotTable.
2. In the Create PivotTable dialog box, please select a destination range to place the pivot table, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. In the PivotTable Fields pane, please drag and drop the Time field to the Rows section, and then drag and drop the Amount field to the Values section. See screenshot:
4. Now the pivot table is added. Right-click any time in the Row Labels column, and select Group in the context menu. See screenshot:
5. In the Grouping dialog box, please click to highlight Hours only in the By list box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the time data is grouped by hours in the newly created pivot table. See screenshot:
Note: If you need to group time data by days and hours simultaneously, please click to highlight Days and Hours in the By list box of the Grouping dialog box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Group time by half an hour in an Excel pivot table
If you need to group time by half an hour in a pivot table in Excel, you can try the amazing PivotTable Special Time Grouping tool, provided by Kutools for Excel, to achieve it easily.
1. Select the data source that you will create a pivot table based on, and click Kutools Plus > Pivot Table > PivotTable Special Time Grouping.
2. In the PivotTable Special Time Grouping dialog, you need to: (1) Tick the Half an hour option in the Group by list box; (2) Specify the time column that you will grouping data by; (3) Specify the location you will place the new pivot table.
3. Click the Ok button.
4. Then a pivot table is created with a Half an hour column added as rows. Go ahead to add the Amount column as values.
So far, the pivot table has been created based on the selection, and data has been grouped by half an hour as above screenshot shown.
Easily groups cells and calculate by values in another column in Excel
With Kutools for Excel’s Advanced Combine Rows feature, you can quick group all cells of one column based on values in another column, or calculate (sum, count, average, max, etc.) these cells by the values in another column at ease! Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Group a pivot table by day of week in Excel It’s easy to group dates by days/months/years in a pivot table in Excel, but do you know how to group dates by the day of weeks in a pivot table as below screenshots shown? This article will guide you to finish it.
Group by age in pivot table If you have a worksheet which contains the data of some questionnaire survey, and you need to count the result based on the people’s age range to analyze the data for a report. In this case, the pivot table can give you a favor. You can create a pivot table, and then group the data by age then count them. Please read more for details of this question.
Group by fiscal year in an Excel pivot table For example, the fiscal year begins in July in your company/organization, now you want to create a pivot table and group dates by the fiscal year within it, how could you deal with it? This solution may ease your work.
Group by range in an Excel Pivot Table If you specify the date field as row label in a pivot table, you can easily group dates by Week, month, quarter, etc. But, if you specify a number filed as row label, could you group by specified range? Of course yes! This article will guide you to group by the range in an Excel pivot table.
Group data by half a year in Excel PivotTable As we know, the PivotTable can help us to analyze data more efficiently, and also can group data by year/month/day. However, have you ever tried to group data by half a year as below screenshot shown in Excel PivotTable?
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.