How to group time by hour in an Excel pivot table?
For example, I have a table as below screenshot shown. Now I need to create a pivot table and group the time data by the hour in the pivot table, any idea? This article will show you the solution in detail!
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Please follow below steps to create a pivot table in Excel, and group time data by hour easily.
1. Select the source data, and click Insert > PivotTable.
2. In the Create PivotTable dialog box, please select a destination range to place the pivot table, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. In the PivotTable Fields pane, please drag and drop the Time field to the Rows section, and then drag and drop the Amount field to the Values section. See screenshot:
4. Now the pivot table is added. Right-click any time in the Row Labels column, and select Group in the context menu. See screenshot:
5. In the Grouping dialog box, please click to highlight Hours only in the By list box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the time data is grouped by hours in the newly created pivot table. See screenshot:
Note: If you need to group time data by days and hours simultaneously, please click to highlight Days and Hours in the By list box of the Grouping dialog box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot: