How to print all options in a drop down list in Excel?
Have you ever tried to print all options in a drop-down list in an Excel worksheet? This article is talking about printing all options in a drop down list into separate printout in Excel.
The following VBA code can help you print all options in a drop down list in the worksheet. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module. Then copy the following VBA code into the Module window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Print all options in a specified drop-down list into separate printout
Sub Iterate_Through_data_Validation() Dim xRg As Range Dim xCell As Range Dim xRgVList As Range Set xRg = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B8") Set xRgVList = Evaluate(xRg.Validation.Formula1) For Each xCell In xRgVList xRg = xCell.Value ActiveSheet.PrintOut Next End Sub
Note: In the code, Sheet1 is the worksheet name which contains the drop-down list you want to print. And B8 is the cell contains the drop-down list. Please replace them with your needed.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code.
Then all options in the specified drop-down list in a certain worksheet are printed out separately.
Easily print specified pages in current worksheet in Excel:
With the Print Specific Pages utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily print specified pages in current worksheet such as print all odd pages, all even pages, print just current page, as well as print custom page range as below screenshot shown.
Download and try it now! ( 30-day free trail)
- How to auto populate other cells when selecting values in Excel drop down list?
- How to autocomplete when typing in Excel drop down list?
- How to create a drop down list calendar in Excel?
- How to create a searchable drop down list in Excel?
- How to create drop down list with multiple selections or values in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHi is there a way to be able to preview first all the possible printouts in my drop-down list before it actually prints?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHow can i select a specific droplist, i want to print? , For example if i have 200 names on my droplist and i want to print a specific list, maybe 50 out of 200, How will i do this please?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks for the code. But I'm experiencing a minor issue when printing. When I tried to print the sheet with the drop down list. The first print out, prints the first item on the list while the next print out prints a blank data before it prints the second item from the list. What should I do?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Cloud,
What version of Excel are you using?
The problem can't be reproduced in my case. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoSorry I totally forgot about this. I'm using Excel 2013.
So it wasn't actually a blank data.
I have this dynamic drop down list in cell R17 which also populates other cells in the worksheet using VLOOKUP Function. What happens during print out is that the odd-positioned items on the list appears on the cell while the even-positioned items seemed not to show up that's why I thought it's printing blank pages.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThank you for the post, this has helped me a lot. I was wondering if you had a way to do VBA to print Page 1 based on one drop-down selection and print Page 1 and 2 based on another drop-down selection? Thanks for any help you can provide.