How to change negative numbers to positive in Excel?
When you are processing operations in Excel, sometimes, you may need to change the negative numbers to the positive numbers or vice versa. Are there any quick tricks you can apply for changing negative numbers to positive? This article will introduce you the following tricks for converting all negative numbers to positive or vice versa easily.
- Change negative to positive numbers with Paste special function;
- Using VBA code to convert all negative numbers of a range to positive;
- Easily change negative numbers to positive with Kutools for Excel.
You can change the negative numbers to positive numbers with following steps:
1. Enter number -1 in a blank cell, then select this cell, and press Ctrl + C keys to copy it.
2. Select all negative numbers in the range, right click, and select Paste Special… from the context menu. See screenshot:
(1) Holding Ctrl key, you can select all negative numbers with clicking them one by one;
(2) If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Select Special Cells feature to select all negative numbers quickly. Have a Free Trial!
3. And a Paste special dialog box will be displayed, select All option from Paste, select Multiply option from Operation, click OK. See screenshot:
4. The all selected negative numbers will be converted into positive numbers. Delete the number -1 as you need. See screenshot:
As an Excel professional, also you can run the VBA code to change the negative numbers to positive numbers.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. There will be a new window displayed. Click Insert > Module, then input the following codes in the module:
Sub Positive Dim Cel As Range For Each Cel In Selection If IsNumeric(Cel.Value) Then Cel.Value = Abs(Cel.Value) End If Next Cel End Sub
3. Then click Run button or press F5 key to run application, and all negative numbers will be changed to positive numbers. See screenshot:
Most of Excel users don’t want to use VBA code, are there any quick tricks for changing the negative numbers into positive? Kutools for excel can help you easily and comfortably to achieve this.
1. Select a range including the negative numbers you want to change, and click Kutools > Content > Change Sign of Values.
2. Check Change all negative values to positive under Operation, and click Ok. See screenshot:
Now you will see all negative numbers change to positive numbers as shown as below:
Note: With this Change sign of Values feature, you also can fix trailing negative signs, change all positive numbers to negative, reverse the sign of all values and change all negative values to zero. Have a Free Trial!
(1) Quickly change all positive values to negative in the specified range:
(2) Easily reverse the sign of all values in the specified range:
(3) Easily change all negative values to zero in the specified range:
(4) Easily fix trailing negative signs in the specified range:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!