How to determine if a date falls between two dates or on weekend in Excel?
Sometimes you may want to determine or check whether a date falls between two dates or weekend in Excel. This article will show you following tricky ways to check whether a date falls between two dates or weekend in Excel.
Determine if a date falls between two dates with formula
Easily determine if a date falls between two dates with an amazing tool
Determine if a date falls on a weekend with formulas and VBA code
Determine if a date falls on a weekend with an amazing tool
More tutorials for dates...
Supposing you need to determine if the dates in Column A fall between 7/1/2008 and 12/31/2009. please do as follows:
1. In a blank cell, says Cell B2, copy and paste the below formula into it and press the Enter key.
Note: This formula will check whether the date falls between 7/1/2008 and 12/31/2009. If the date falls in this period, it will return the date; if the date does not fall in this period, it will return the text of FALSE.
2. Keep selecting the result cell, drag the Fill Handle down to get all results. See screenshot:
Now you can identify whether a date falls within a specified date range or not.
1. Select the range with dates you want to determine if they fall between two dates, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select the Cell option in the Selection type section, and then specify the Greater than and Less than dates, and finally click the OK button.
You can see date cells which fall between two dates are selected immediately. See screenshot:
You can determine whether a date in Column A falls on weekends with following steps:
Method A: Using formula to check whether a date falls on a weekend.
1. In a blank cell, copy and paste the below formula into it and press the Enter key.
This formula will identify whether a date falls on weekends or not. If the date falls on weekend, it will return the date; if the date does not fall on weekend, it will return the text of FALSE.
2. Keep selecting the result cell, then drag the Fill Handle down to get all results.
Method B: Using User-defined function to check whether a date falls on a weekend.
1. Press the ALT + F11 keys togetherto open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert >> Module, and paste the following macro into the Module Window.
Public Function IsWeekend(InputDate As Date) As Boolean Select Case Weekday(InputDate) Case vbSaturday, vbSunday IsWeekend = True Case Else IsWeekend = False End Select End Function
3. Press Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. In a blank cell, enter formula into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
If it returns the text of True, the date in Cell A2 is a weekend; and if it returns the text of False, the date in Cell A2 does not fall on a weekend.
1. Select the date range, and then click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog box, select Wednesday in the Date formatting box, and then click the OK button.
Now the selected dates are converted to weekdays immediately. You can determine if a date falls on a weekend or not directly based on its content. See screenshot:
- The converted results worked directly in the original data;
- This utility support Undo “Ctrl + Z”.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoI have 4 variables: 1st: Date of onset, 2nd: Date of termination, 3rd: Date of measurement, 4th: measurement. I want to calculate the average of the 4th variable between each period of onset-termination. How can i do it? I think its a bit tricky. Each date of onset has an counterpart date of termination. The same applies for the 3rd and 4th variable.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI have two tables. The first table has a date and an ID and the other table has a range dates, the same ID and, and one code. In two tables repeat the ID because each has different information. I need get in the table number one the code according with the ID and range dates in the second table. But i don't know how???
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI want to find all projects that fall within today's date +30 days (Within a month) and have the Project Number displayed when in the range, if not in range keep blank
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoi want to monitor the dates and set the the alert in my excel , example i want to set in my excel to find the difference days between the request date and deadline to order date and automatically compare this difference with the policy date if the difference is greater than policy date , excel consider not done with an alert color , and if the difference is less than the policy days , excel consider the done with alert color. thank you
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHello to all,
I have a requirement in excel i.e.
i want to generate dates if design actual date is delay for 2 days then for costing department date is increase by delay date.
design target actual complete costing target marketing target
05-04-2016 07-04-2016 09-04-2016 10-04-2016
in above design target date is 05/04/2016 but design task completed on 07-04-2016 so costing target date will be automatically calculated as per delay days.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI am recording the SLA duration between dates
40 day SLA starting on day XXXX
I am looking for a formula to show if client holds for x number of days that comes off the SLA too
01 june 2016 + 40 days = 11 July 2016 but project finishes 15 July shows as 4 days overdue
01 June 2016 Start
15 July 2016 End date of project
client Held 7 Day
3 days before SLA
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoI want to show a certain date in a cell from a date range which is between two dates.
eg: 01-05-2016 to 05-05-2016 may shown as in other cell as 01-05-2016 .
pls help me..
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoMy question falls along these lines.
I have two date ranges A through B, and X through Y.
I need to conditionally format a cell if any dates in range A-B fall within range X-Y.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoUsing IF Function i need the following formula. Any one can assist
On A2 cell I will provide a date. On B2 it should indicate 2 Days after A2. If the second day falls on Monday to Friday it should indicate the actual date. If the second day falls on Saturday or sunday it should indicate on Monday automatically
On the same way I need third day,fourth day and fifth day using Macros. Also advice to how to create macros in Excel.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoI want to know how many times a date or how many dates from a list are present in a range of dates.
Date Range is 1-1-2014 31-1-2014.
The date list is
want to know the excel formula for count how many times the above list of dates present in the above range of dates.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoHi, very helpful info. Im trying to do a range date let me give you the example if payment is made between " Jan. 1-16 the answer should be 7th of the following month and if payment falls Jan. 17-31 excel should be able to answer 21st of the following month. how could i create this kind of fomula
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoI want to do the following:
I'm in cell w8 which is a empty cell
Cell L8 contains a date
if cell L8 equals 12/14/2013 I want it to return the value of 26 however if it contains the date 12/28/2013 ; if cell L8 doesn't contain either date then I want it to go to cell V8 and give me that cell value.
How would I create the formula?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoI'm tryin to see if cell L8 contains a specific date if it doesn then there is one of two values I want it to give me; if it doesn't contact neither of the dates then bring back the valude from a totally different cell.
For example. I'm in an empty cell i.e. W8 and want to look at cell L8 which contains a date and if it equals 12/14/2013 then I want it to return the value of 26, however if the date in cell L8 equals 12/28/2013 then it to return the value of 25 if cell L8 has any other date than the above then I want it to return the value from cell V8. How would I write this???