How to search for emails by conversation in Outlook?
Normally, it’s easy to search for emails by subject in Outlook. But do you know how to search by conversation? Conversations group emails by subject but ignoring subject prefixes RE:, FW:, etc. Therefore, is there any way to search by conversation? This article will complete your puzzle easily!
Actually, Microsoft Outlook provides the Messages in this Conversation feature to help you quickly search for all emails by conversation.
In the Mail view, right click the specified email which belongs to the conversation you will search by, and select Find Related > Messages in this Conversation from the context menu. See screenshot:
Now the search criteria [Conversation]:="test search emails by conversation" (test search emails by conversation is the specified email’s subject without prefix) is added into the Instant Search box automatically, and all emails in the specified conversation are found out and listed in the mail list. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.