How to select specific pages from the whole document in Word
If there are multiple pages in your Word document, and you want to select some specific pages which are not in a sequential order, how can you get it done? Here I will introduce some tricks for you to select specific pages in Word.
Holding Ctrl key and select the pages one by one until all of the specific pages have been selected which may be the most general way for you. This way is simple but if there are hundreds of pages in the Word document, it will be time-consuming.
In Word, you can use Go To function to quickly go to the specific page, and then select it. Please get it done by following
steps: 1. Press Ctrl + G to open the Find and Replace dialog. Select Page from the Go to what list box, type the page number in the Enter page number box, and then click the Go To button. See screenshot:
Then it will go to the specific page immediately.
2. Click on the start of the specific page, then hold Shift button and click on the end of the page to select this page.
4. Repeat the above steps to select all of the specific pages. The same as the first method, this method is also wasting time when there are numerous pages needed to be selected. In this case, Kutools for Word's Select Pages may be the one you need.
With Kutools for Word installed, you can quickly select all specific pages by applying Select Pages utility.
Step 1. Click Kutools > Pages > Select Pages. See screenshot:
Step 2. In the Select Pages dialog, check Select pages according to selection box and then check the pages you want to select from the list box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now all specified pages are selected immediately in your document.
Note: The Select Pages function not only can select specific pages at the same time, but also can select a range of adjacent pages.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...