How to show or hide optional hyphen in Word
When you need to show or hide optional hyphen, how can you get it done? Let’s introduce the tricks for you.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
In Word 2010/2013, if you want to show optional hyphen, please click File > Options > Display, and check Optional hyphens box, then click OK.（In Word 2007, click Office button to choose Options.） See screenshot:
If you want to hide it, please uncheck the Optional hyphens box.
With Kutools for Word’s Display Settings utility, you can quickly show or hide optional hyphen in Word.
Step 1. Click Enterprise > Display Settings, see screenshot:
Step 2. To check or uncheck Optional Hyphens box in Display Setting dialog to show or hide optional hyphens. See screenshot:
In Display Settings, you also can display or hide paragraph marks, object location, spaces and so on quickly.
For more detailed information about Display Settings, please go to Display Settings.
- Show or hide text boundaries in Word
- Show developer tab/ribbon in Word
- Show or hide optional breaks in Word
- Show or hide object anchors in Word
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...