How to add accent marks in Word?
Sometimes, we need to insert or add accent marks like "à, á, â, ä" into a Word document, and maybe some of us do not know how to insert them. Now, the following ways will help us to insert them quickly.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
You can insert accent marks with shortcut shown as the below table:
In Word, you can add the accent marks with the Symbols function.
1. Put the cursor at the place you want to insert an accent mark, and click Insert > Symbol > More Symbols to open the Symbol dialog. See screenshot:
2. Click Symbols tab in the dialog and you can find and select the accent mark you want to add by rolling the drop-down scroll bar, then click Insert, and the selected accent mark will be inserted. See screenshot:
Tip: You also can specify the font you want to insert from the Font drop-down list in this dialog.
- Insert ActiveX control check box in Word
- Insert check box form field in Word
- Insert check box list in Word
- Insert radio button in Word
- Group radio buttons in Word
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoWhen I click on Advanced Symbols, no dialog box appears -- I have no option to select for a different range of symbols.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks! The option of using the symbols to insert an accent mark helped greatly.